The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica CL FS/FT

C

cinema

I have a CL that I'm looking to trade for a Rolleiflex Automat/MX (tessar/xenar doesn't matter). Only conditions are that the lenses are clean, there is no problem with transport, and shutter speeds are accurate. Depending on condition I can throw in some $, but I already have a nice 3.5e so I'm looking for a user. This CL was a gift from my ex-SWMBO so I'm looking to fedex it into the abyss. I am including the beautiful black leather red trim Zhou case she bought for it as well. Included also, but not pictured, is the original leica leather case and instruction booklet as well as the original strap.

There is a mark on the upper right corner which I have documented. It appears the previous owner may have dropped it, but I don't know, since it's not dented. It looks more like it rubbed against something in a bag or something. The lower lug also looks like someone used a third party strap with it, which I have also documented. These are the only two issues with the camera, as the shutter and meter work flawlessly. I had the speeds checked electronically when I got it by my guy in Chicago, where I lived at the time. The 'silvering' known to break down in the viewfinder is immaculate and I have tried to document it here. I have treated it with kid gloves as I do all my equipment and have put maybe ten rolls through it since last January. I'd like to do an even swap for an old automat but would entertain offers. I have excellent feedback on RFF and ebay, and I sold an arca swiss monoball on here a while ago. Let me know if you need refs. Local transactions in LA are very welcome. Honestly I'd prefer a trade since I don't really need the money, I just want it outta here. I used a flash often and can confirm that the sync works.

and some places it's been:

Last edited:
C

cinema

I would maybe take an M9 or a Rolleiflex 2.8F for trade, also. Just kidding yall, bump!

Had some interest but haven't heard back yet.

C

cinema

I guess i will post a price if a trade doesn't come through; 300 net takes all, case, camera, original leica stuff etc. I think the price some people are paying for this one ebay is ridiculous, so with the case/working meter i think this is a very good price. PM me and I'll contact you if a trade doesn't happen to work out.

C

cinema

perhaps someone has a nice compact camera they'd like to swap? like a plaubel makina 67 :)

C

cinema

Hey guys, I found the rolleiflex I wanted for sale and bought it. The CL is now for sale at a price of 300 for case/body/manual/leica case. Local deals will be considered first (LA).