The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss 50mm F2 ZM & Hood

John Black

Zeiss 50mm F2 ZM & Zeiss Hood
$575 shipped and Paypal'd (Paypal eCheck) within the US

I wanted to compare a Canon system with M8, and to keep the results reasonably apples to apples I used ZM with Zeiss 50/2 Makro-Planar ZF. I saw what I needed to see and have decided to sell the M8 system set-up (and possibly even the 1Ds3 system too in light of the new Leica S2!) The Zeiss ZM did brilliantly and I think it's probably even sharper than the Leica 50/2 ASPH. Lens comes in its box with paperwork; hood comes in its box. Everything is in excellent condition. The lens barrel has a couple very minor marks - probably from being pulled out of a camera bag. The lenses are perfect and the lens focused correctly on M8.

John Black

I feel so cheap now... Will you still call me??? Here, some actual shots with the lens. Better bokeh than the ZF, but the ZF is ridiculously sharp on the 1Ds3. And the spot in the train smoke is the sun, not flare.