The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8 and grip, extras

DReilly

Leica M8, near mint in box with grip plate and extra batteries.

Excellent condition. The bottom plates (original and the grip plate) have the protectors still on and even those are in great shape.

I always like to rate my gear conservatively, and the only signs of use on this camera is a bit of light wear to the lens mount, and a single thin "bright line" on the top plate. You can see that in the last image, it's only noticeable in oblique light.

I ran my last DNG file through an online exif viewer and the image id number was 645, that should be the number of actuations, unless it was serviced under the previous owner. I doubt that given the condition of the body, I think it's been used very little. I put about 300 shots on it. I also examined an ISO1250 DNG and pushed exposure and saw NO signs of banding, horizontal or vertical.

Comes with: Three batteries (one Leica, two OEM), charger and adapter plugs (doesn't have the car charger cable however), strap, bifold with instructions, software, USB cable, original box. Grip with original box.

I really enjoyed this camera, but am going back to an R-D1, whose 1:1 finder suits my eyes a bit better.

All US buyers get a three day inspection period. I'd rather not send this abroad, and will do so only if I can't find a US buyer. Foreign shipping is extra and foreign sales would be as-is. I accept paypal with no fee.

$2495 shipped in the US.

Last edited:

DReilly

Here's a sample pic from the M8 taken over the weekend. It handled the pretty wide dynamic range of the scene admirably.

Last edited:

DReilly

Correction: I didn't realize the Unique image ID in the Exif for the M8 is in hexadecimal (there is a thread about it here in the Leica M forum) so the actuations is actually 1793. Thanks!