The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sony 16-50mm, EA-2 adapter, Sony 35/1.8, Maxxum 50/1.7

DReilly

SONY 16-50mm f2.8 SSM Lens

This lens is in excellent condition with very little use. Optics without flaw and the mechanics and cosmetics are similarly excellent. Sony really needed to make this lens, the APS-C cousin of it's full-frame Zeiss 24-70. It's what I call the "one lens to rule them all" and would make a great carry-all lens for the A77, A65, or any other Sony DSLR. I used this with the EA-2 adapter on a Nex 5n and it worked wonderfully. The SSM AF is snappy and the lens is sharp and fast. Of course with the 5n behind it's pretty much all lens...the ergonomics are a lot like the old Sony R1.

I have decided to go fully manual focus and so am liquidating all my AF glass for Leica M mount glass.

Bought new from Crutchfield. Comes with hood, caps, original box. $625 shipped in the US. Paypal with no fee. Three day inspection period for US buyers. Foreign sales at an additional $45 for shipping and sold as-is.

SONY EA-2 AF adapter for Nex Cameras

This little thing is pretty incredible. It's essentially the AF heart of the Sony SLT cameras, the "translucent" mirror enabling full-time phase detect autofocus with Sony Alpha lenses, the same system that it's in the A55, on a Sony NEX camera. Practically no signs of use and comes with original materials.

$300 shipped in the US. Paypal with no fee. Three day inspection period for US buyers. Foreign sales at an additional $30 for shipping and sold as-is.

SONY 35mm f1.8 DT lens

Plastic-fantastic from Sony in almost new condition with both caps, hood and original packaging. This lens is cheap, fast, and pretty darn good. If you've never shot with a fast prime, this is the lens that you want to get. I've used this lens for shots published in a magazine. It's good!

$155 shipped in the US. Paypal with no fee. Three day inspection period for US buyers. Foreign sales at an additional $30 for shipping and sold as-is.

Minolta Maxxum 50mm f1.7 AF lens for all SONY A-mount cameras

Classic Maxxum lens that will work on any Sony DSLR and NEX with the EA1 or EA2 adapters. One a nifty-fifty occupying the same niche that the 35/1.8 above occupies for APS-C cameras, on the same the Maxxum has a field of view like a 75mm telephoto, a great portrait lens.

$85 shipped in the US. Paypal with no fee. Three day inspection period for US buyers. Foreign sales at an additional $30 for shipping and sold as-is.

Last edited:

DReilly

Price lowered on 16-50: $600 shipped conus.
Price lowered on EA-2: $285 shipped conus. (Current B&H price is $375)