The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Stuff + Quantum Turbo SC

TTLKurtis

My username is TTLKurtis on FredMiranda, I've got 100% positive feedback (53 'Great' ratings).

All this stuff has been babied and looks like new. If you really need me to, I can take some quick photos of a specific item and email them to you, but there's nothing that needs pointing out on any of this stuff.

- - - - -

Quantum Turbo SC w/ Quantum Cable for Nikon

Price: $350.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: Buyer pays shipping cost.

The Quantum Turbo SC is a great portable battery that fits in a pocket, on a belt, or attach a lanyard to it to hang it from a lightstand. Lets you shoot basically all day. Comes like-new in box with charger etc... Also including the Quantum Cable for Nikon (in a Canon-version box... don't know what I did with the Nikon-version cable box... probably tossed it). I'm only selling this because I'm selling one of my SB-900 flashes, too (one of my backups that I almost never use).

- - - - -

Nikon SB-900 Speedlight

Price: $380.00

The SB-900 is a BEAST. I love this flash. I'm only selling it because it's one of my backups and it spends most of the time on the shelf (I've got 4 of them, I really only use 3 of them). Comes like new in the box with the dome diffuser and the nifty little chipped Tungsten and Fluorescent filters, etc...

I know this one specifically barely got used because I have all my flashes labeled MASTER, REMOTE A, REMOTE B, REMOTE C. This is REMOTE C (I removed the labels) so I know it's the one that usually stays on the shelf.

If you're on the fence about the SB-900 compared to an 800, for example, what I love about the SB-900 in particular is using it as a master in conjunction with the PocketWizard Flex system for Nikon... it's amazing to be able to manually control three groups of flashes plus the master all from the back of the flash.

So awesome.

As for overheating, that really only happens if you're shooting really fast at really high power levels. Since I usually shoot with the SB-900s all on manual power (thanks to the remote adjust-ability), I don't really have any issues. Just gotta make sure you're not in ETTL at ISO 200 in a dark venue, shooting at f/8.

- - - - -

Nikon 35 f2D

Price: $275.00

I bought this lens primarily as a backup to my 24-70 (along with the 85 1.8 which I'm also selling), before I really had experience with the 24-70. Well, I use the 24-70 a lot, and when I'm shooting primes I gravitate towards my 24 and 50 rather than 35/85 (personal preference for the focal lengths, not that I don't like the lenses).

Comes in the original box with the usual caps / lens cap. Doesn't come with optional hood as I never purchased one (never needed it either).

Anyways, 35 f/2D has the advantage that it can be used on film cameras with its aperture ring, and it also is capable of some macro-action (I've used it for photographing food to great effect).

- - - - -

Nikon 85 1.8D

Price: $350.00

I don't have the retail box for this one, but I do have the optional metal screw-on hood for it. So you'll get a generic box with the 85 1.8, front/rear caps and the lens hood. This lens has seen very little action from me. I'm just not an 85mm kind of guy. Some people love that focal length, but it has always felt awkward to me... ah well. My loss is your gain. Gives a great look, in any case.