The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS (CAN): Leica Noctilux 50/f 1.0 (coded)

2x2

For sale is my Leica-M Noctilux 50mm, f/1.0, E 60 lens with built in hood.
4th and latest version before the f/0.95. The lens has been 6-bit coded by Leica in Germany. Which is rather hard to find when it comes to a Nocti f/1.

This lens is in excellent (A+++) condition. No scratches or dings, no haze, definitely no fungus and no cleaning marks.
It's easy to see that I didn't use this lens much but kept it securely in a Pelican case.
Since I have several 50mm lenses I decided to part with it. This baby simply deserves more action!

Guess, I don't need to say much about the magical characteristics of this lens. We all know why this lens has such a famous reputation and is coveted by many. Qualities that are lost in Leica's current style of lenses. To make things worse, beauties like this one are harder and harder to find.

When you look at the pictures you'll notice something's attached to the focus ring. – Trust me when I say, this little devise will make you love this lens even more!

As famous and desired the Noctilux f/1.0 is, it is also infamous for its looong focus throw.
Many say the lens is hard to focus. Which is not true at all. It's just cumbersome.
If you ask me, it's a pain in the butt. And don't even think about focussing fast with it.

Enter the little device I attached to it, the Steer from Leicagoodies.
With it focussing, fast and slow, becomes a no brainer. It completely eradicates the problem. Tada!

(Of course if the buyer should be a die-hard purist, the Steer can easily be removed without leaving a trace.)

Lens comes with leather pouch and box.

$7800 CDN net to me. Paypal accepted (add 3%).

Buyer pays for shipping and insurance (with Canada Post). To guaranty a fast and reliable shipping process I would prefer to ship with FedEx. Therefore I am willing to split the shipping cost with the buyer.
Local pick-up (GTA) available (cash only).

2x2

Re: FS (CAN): Leica Noctilux 50/f 1.0 (coded) - Reduced

Alright, only going to do this once. Here it goes.
I'm reducing the price to CDN $7500