The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Infrared Converted Canon 5D Mark II

Paul David

Canon 5D Mark II Infrared

Converted to IR 830nm by MaxMax, (Conversions), one of the best conversion services available.

As much fun as it is, I am using my PhaseOne instead, so this has fewer than 1800 activations on the shutter. It is almost in unused condition, with a few tiny cosmetic marks from being in a camera bag.

This is a deep infrared conversion for B&W only. The comment on MaxMax’s site states “Notice how the 830nm color channels are more closely balanced than the 715nm. By having the channels better balanced, the camera can resolve better.” 830nm filter reduces the light by 2 f-stops. I find it best to meter for exposure in manual mode using the live histogram to adjust exposure.

I’ve attached several photos taken using a 24-105mm lens, and only adjusted in LR3.

About me… I was on Michael’s last Antarctic trip, and my photo website is PaulDavid Images - Antarctica, Water and Land, Landscapes, Inside East Africa. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay. During the daytime I am an established physician. (My professional medical site is Alternatives in Gynecology - hysterectomy alternatives, abnormal uterine bleeding, fibroids, endometrial ablation, myomectomy, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, and hysterectomy, just so you know I’m for real.

I normally sell unneeded equipment on eBay as I hate to waste time haggling. A used 5D MkII in mint condition typically sells north of $1900, and the IR conversion is $450 at MaxMax. I will part with this for $1925 +shipping if you don’t haggle, or $100 more if you do. I apologize in advance, but I don’t have the time to deal with shipping outside the USA. My direct email is pindman at mindspring dot com.

-Paul

Last edited: