The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kiev 60 and Pentacon 6-mount lenses

rmeskill

So I picked up a Kiev 60 a while ago because I wanted to try an alternative 120 camera to my Hasselblad. But now I'm moving to Europe, I rarely use it, and don't want to bother lugging it over there if I don't plan on using it, so it's up for sale along with its compliment of lenses. I'm sure I'll make it over there and find a nice Pentacon 6 that I'll want lenses for, but that's a regret I'll have to live with-in the meantime here's what I've got for sale...

1) Kiev 60 in original box-the camera is in great mechanical shape-advance is fine, never had any significant issues with frame spacing (only some very minor differences), mount works well, back is light-tight, etc. The only major issue is the feeder spool, where the fresh roll of film attaches, has come apart. The plug that sits on the bottom of the camera has a threaded screw that the spool/reel attaches to and the film sits on, and that thread has stripped away. I still have the three pieces for this (spool/reel, spring for tension, outside plug with threaded screw), and have just always loaded film by carefully positioning the spool/reel on top of the spring and squeezing the film in-once it's in place it doesn't move. I've been meaning to just simply solder the spool/reel to the stripped threads, but just haven't gotten around to it-I'll leave that for you. Was purchased about a year ago from a guy who claimed the camera was literally never used-and I put about a half dozen rolls of film through it.

Comes with the original Arsat 80mm f2.8 in pristine condition-front/rear glass is spotless, aperture clicks are smart and blades have no oil, focus is smooth and accurate-it literally is LNIB, 10/10. Also included is TTL prism meter-works well, glass is pristine. $175 for all three.

2) Carl Zeiss Jena MC Biometar 80mm f2.8 - Glass is perfect front and back, no scratches/fungus/haze/etc, aperture clicks are smart and blades are pristine, just has some light abrasions on the focus ring. Glass has just some very light dust in the elements-perfectly normal and wouldn't cause any issues, just wanted to put it out there. Cosmetically it's 9/10, optically 9.5/10. Sold!

3) Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f2.8 Zebra - Cosmetically it's probably a 7/10-some abrasions, use on the tripod mount, but nothing that would affect its use. Optically it's probably a 7.5/10-the rear glass is excellent, the front has some very faint scratches that can be seen only with a bright flashlight, aperture clicks are smart, focus can get a bit stiff, but I never had any issues with it-just give it a couple twists if it does. There are some scratches around the very outside of the glass behind the first element-probably from a botched repair job-it never affected my image quality, but definitely wanted to note it. Comes with original box and hood, but no lens cap. $150

4) Arsat 30mm f3.5 - Cosmetically this is 9.5/10-no abrasions/bright spots anywhere on the lens barrel. Optically it's perfect except a very tiny (<.5mm) coating flaw at the very edge of the glass. It's essentially just a bubble that must have formed when the coating was applied-it's essentially nothing, but thought it bore mentioning. Focus is smooth, aperture is perfect, glass besides that coating flaw is spotless both front and rear. Comes in original case with 3 original (green, red blue) filters and UV's on the lens. Sold!

Guess that sums it up-you cover PayPal fees and $5 for shipping per piece and I'll get the difference for full insured USPS Priority Mail to you. I have some more pictures if you want them just message me

Last edited: