The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Vario-Elmarit 35-70 ASPH zoom lens, extremely rare.

C

clayhaskell

Greetings,

Hello, my name is Clay Haskell...I am new here but I was referred to this community by a trusted member and I just wanted to reach out and offer this incredibly rare Leica R zoom I am in possession of.

I got this lens for a job and shot with it on my RED EPIC camera with great success. I bought this from Adorama in NYC and they got it from a collector so the lens is in incredible condition, it appears new and I dont see any signs of ware or use.

From what I understand Leica only created a few hundred of these lenses before ending the production due to budget reasons, it was costing them too much to build such a complex lens.

If your looking for variable zoom lens that performs like a Leica prime all the way through then this is an excellent choice.

It comes with the original leather case and I am asking 8500 or best offer. Dont hesitate to email me if you have questions via clay (at) haskellfilms (dot) com, serious buyers only.

Best

Clay

C

clayhaskell

Hey folks, wanted to update this thread cause I have since modified the lens by the very best cine modders in hollywood, Duclos lenses. Nothing was permanent and everything can simply be removed, but its a 600 dollar upgrade and add focus and zoom gears, an 80mm front element for Matte boxes and declicks the iris, finally adding a leitax canon mount for canon users. Again, you can simply remove these for collectors sake. I posted the lens on ebay but a modder decided this was against forum policy, my apologies but you can find the lens if you do some searching. cheers.

C

clayhaskell

please not the lens price has jumped due to the lack of availability and the duclos upgrade.