The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M9-P Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dhanks

MINT Leica M9-P Silver
Asking $6799 FIRM - DO NOT CONTACT ME ASKING TO PURCHASE FOR LESS - THANK YOU - you will see that this beautiful camera is worth every penny.

Up for sale is a like new, brand new Leica M9-P Silver. I won't even begin to describe the perfect condition of this camera. Look at these beautiful pictures and SEE for yourself.
This camera was just recently purchased in the USA from a very well known dealer BRAND NEW for $7995.00. I made a stupid mistake and realized this camera isn't for me, as I prefer medium-format for landscape photography. If I returned the camera, it would cost me a 25% restocking fee. My mistake is your benefit.
There's no damage, scratches, scuffs to this camera at all. Everything works perfectly.
Includes ALL original accessories, packaging and box. Includes:

Original outside protective box
Original Leica box
Original neck strap - never used or opened
Original USB cable - never used or opened
Original battery with original bubble wrap
Original battery charger, with original packaging and bubble wrap
Original documentation such as: instructions, test certificate, benefits, UNUSED warranty application, warranty card, and welcome card.
And of course the Leica M9-P Silver in original foam packaging and wrapper.

I've priced this camera over $1,000 below the retail price. This is an amazing deal because 1) you can't find this camera in stock, because it was just recently released in July of 2011 and 2) you're have the opportunity to purchase this camera right now without waiting in line; save over $1,000; and it comes with all original accessories, packaging, and WARRANTY, which is the most important thing
There's only 428 clicks on this shutter. They were performed in my studio, indoors for testing purposes.
For those of you that are detail-oriented - check out the bottom of the camera. IT STILL HAS THE PROTECTIVE PLASTIC ON IT. This camera is MINT++++.
This will not last long. Good luck!
I am including FREE 2nd Day shipping so that this beautiful camera can be yours in a matter of days. Thank you.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Buyers should check with Leica to see if this warranty is transferable.
Forum rules prohibit using the words "brand new". Since you used the words "like new" and described the 428 clicks on the shutter, I will not delete the ad, but please keep this rule in mind for next time.

D

dhanks

I've dropped the price to $6799 after investigating other auctions for this camera in very similar quality.

Thank you

D

dhanks

I also have a brand new, unopened Thumbs Up in silver that I can include if anyone is interested. Thank you.

Ron (Netherlands)

For Leica Solms, guarantee is not transferable. I had problems in the past with an M8 that was like new (only 1/2 year after purchase by org owner) but Leica didn't accept the warranty since the camera wasn't purchased by me.

(btw there seems a little flaw on the back at the upper right sight of the topplate)

D

dhanks

I just inspected the camera body again. There's absolutely no flaw on the chromium top.

I'm not sure why all the talk about transferring a warranty, because I have yet to register this camera. As of right now the warranty is unused and not in anyone's name; so there's nothing to transfer.

Thank you

DerekF

I'm not sure why all the talk about transferring a warranty, because I have yet to register this camera. As of right now the warranty is unused and not in anyone's name; so there's nothing to transfer.
When I registered my Leica MPs (two of them), I had to provide a copy of the invoice or the name + address of the dealer from which the cameras were purchased, presumably so they could obtain customer info directly from them. So even if you haven't registered the warranty yet, if the name on the purchase invoice is different from the name on the registration certificate, you may run into problems.

D

dhanks

I just verified with the dealer today that they've been doing business with Leica for 18 years and Leica does check to see if the serial number had been sold (so that they can receive more Leica shipments for stock), but Leica has never asked for a copy of the invoice or verify customer's name.

Maggie O

When I registered my Leica MPs (two of them), I had to provide a copy of the invoice or the name + address of the dealer from which the cameras were purchased, presumably so they could obtain customer info directly from them. So even if you haven't registered the warranty yet, if the name on the purchase invoice is different from the name on the registration certificate, you may run into problems.
Does this mean that if you get an M9 as a gift, you won't be able to register it?

D

dhanks

Exactly. Doesn't make sense at all.

Reminds me of a story in the Army when you have to wake up at 5am to go run 3 miles and you ask the drill instructor if you have to wear your backpack. He'll say yes. Then you realize that no one else is wearing their backpack, because they had enough sense not to ask such a silly question.

rrdiaz30

I purchased a used M9 last month from a Leica dealer (Kurland Photo). I contacted Leica support in Solms to purchase an extended warranty. I was asked to send a copy of the invoice of the purchase which I did, but they wanted to know the original purchase date. What finally happened was Leica Germany contacted Leica USA and found out that the original owner had registered the camera on Aug 13, 2010, and that the 1yr warranty extension that I purchased would be start on Aug 13, 2012. So the original warranty did transfer over. Sweet!

Rick

D

dhanks

Updated the price to $6500 (+fees) since there is a concern over the warranty.

This is a full $1500 below the dealer price; assuming you can even find a dealer with one of these cameras in stock.

Greenaa

I am interested to trade my silver M8.2 + cash. It's in perfect condition and just came off an extended Leica warranty as I had it completely checked out.

Let me know, thanks.

DerekF

Does this mean that if you get an M9 as a gift, you won't be able to register it?
I can't speak to that, but when I registered my last Leica product, the disclaimer on the warranty card was clear that the warranty only applied to the original purchaser and is non-transferable. This was for their passport warranty (North America), and I understand that Leica have different terms for each of their markets. Even the extended warranty may have different terms than passport. Best to check with Leica to make sure that a warranty registration will be honoured.

Ron (Netherlands)

I just verified with the dealer today that they've been doing business with Leica for 18 years and Leica does check to see if the serial number had been sold (so that they can receive more Leica shipments for stock), but Leica has never asked for a copy of the invoice or verify customer's name.
No not true, they do ask, - so if you get one as a gift for which the invoice is in the name of someone who bought it - Solms will not transfer the guarantee. I had this problem with the M8!

Btw the so called guarantee passport works only in the USA since it is a guarantee by dealers, has nothing to do with Solms and does not work in Europe.

D

dhanks

Guys,

I'm trying to sell a beautiful Leica M9-P in this thread. Could you please do me the common courtesy of taking the topic and everyone's personal experience with Solms and passports to another thread?

There are many other Leica For Sale ads here, and no where else have others started a side discussion about a topic that isn't related to the sale of the camera. It's very distracting to others and detracts from the camera ad with all of the arguing.

I have a sale pending on this camera. I will reply next week with the status.

Thank you

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Guys,

I'm trying to sell a beautiful Leica M9-P in this thread. Could you please do me the common courtesy of taking the topic and everyone's personal experience with Solms and passports to another thread?

There are many other Leica For Sale ads here, and no where else have others started a side discussion about a topic that isn't related to the sale of the camera. It's very distracting to others and detracts from the camera ad with all of the arguing.

I have a sale pending on this camera. I will reply next week with the status.

Thank you
I didn t post anything originally out of respect for your sale (which has been made and the buyer should understand the situation ) ...but now that you feel free to jump on others ....you stressed how important the warranty was in your original post .

In fact the warranty in the USA on the M9 is not transferrable . I know this for a fact because I verified directly with Leica in NJ on more than one occasion . Yes from a practical standpoint Leica has often honored warranty repairs on equipment that is nearly new without question . I have had some at no cost and others I was charged . But you have no warranty .

When you misrepresent an important fact it seems reasonable to draw attention to the error as the moderator attempted to do. Further reporting that you friendly camera dealer has said that Leica never checks was icing on the cake .

D

dhanks

Thanks, guys. I've been up front about what the condition of the warranty (I've never registered it) and I'm supplying the original dealer invoice.

At this point everyone understands that dealing with Leica can go either way, but I'm here to help the process if we have to cross that bridge.

Thanks

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I'm going to lock this thread. I think that the point has been made that buyers need to do their own due diligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.