The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Leica R Apo 180/2.8

paul25

Please let me know if anyone is willing to sell this lens in good price.
I'd prefer Rom version, but I'll also consider non-Rom version too.

paul25

Glad to see you here as well....
I've finally decided to pull the trigger on Apo 180/2.8
Please let me know if you find a good deal....

robmac

I'll keep me eyes open but am also contemplating one myself.

Given any thought to the Cv 180/4 APO?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
This is my favorite lens on the DMR . A few things you may want to know. (1) they modified the lens to accept the 1.4X APO extender and didn t change the model number. You may want to do some searches on the LUF ...I found a post with the serial number cut off. The 1.4x with the 180 apo is a great combination . (2) the 180 doesn t come with a tripod mount ...this is very useful if you end up using the lens on a DMR with the 1.4x . Its very expensive but a small shop in Germany makes one . (BURZYNSKI) https://www.isarfoto.com/cms.php/en/0/Home/Produkte/Alle_Hersteller/BURZYNSKI.html

Its a first class product. Smoothest focus mount I know of.

paul25

I'll keep me eyes open but am also contemplating one myself.

Given any thought to the Cv 180/4 APO?
I bought CV 125/2.5 and converted the mount to EOS, and loving it.
I want to try the Leica Apo 180/2.8, before CV 180/4.0.
BTW, I sold the Apo Telyt 180/3.4 to finance it.

robmac

Paul,

Didn't know you'd acquired the 125 - was that the SK lens? Nice glass isn't it?

As mentioned, finding a 180/2.8 APO that takes the 1.4 takes some doing - many sellers (shops included) don't know unless they have the original box/papers or have actually mounted a 1.4 on it.

So be VERY careful if buying and seller indicates does - trust, but try and verify as they say.

glenrrold - thanks for the tip on the tripod mount. Am considering replacing my 180 APO and always remember how my 180/2 APO fell to hand with that brilliant tripod mount.

R

If you want to try both the CV and Leica, you might want to try the cheaper first...

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Paul,

Didn't know you'd acquired the 125 - was that the SK lens? Nice glass isn't it?

As mentioned, finding a 180/2.8 APO that takes the 1.4 takes some doing - many sellers (shops included) don't know unless they have the original box/papers or have actually mounted a 1.4 on it.

So be VERY careful if buying and seller indicates does - trust, but try and verify as they say.

glenrrold - thanks for the tip on the tripod mount. Am considering replacing my 180 APO and always remember how my 180/2 APO fell to hand with that brilliant tripod mount.

R

If you want to try both the CV and Leica, you might want to try the cheaper first...[/QUOTe

I found a LUF post that had the starting serial number of the 180apo that would take the extender. It took a while to find but its in the archive. I got a complete run around on the for sale listings with complete BS about whether it would work . I bought my copy from David Farkas who got it from the Leica demo equipment (it was basically new). This lens has the best all around performance ..its a great optic and it really handles ...fast smooth focusing.

robmac

Glen - thanks re: 180 serial number. Will check archives. Just wish there was a 180/2-style mount for the 2.8 APO. That palm rest-tripod mount on the F2 is a work of brilliance.

Paul - I owned the 125 for awhile. My only complaints were the construction - not as nice as 90 CV and 180/4 APO.

If you hold lens by camera end and shake gently you can feel the inner/outer barrels contact one another. The other is the stiffer and very fine focus action.

That said, at it's original market price (or the price I suspect you bought yours at)....