The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon FD 24mm F/2.0 Lens w Hood 24/2 nFD

aleksanderpolo

For sale is the Canon FD (new FD mount) 24mm F/2.0 Lens with original front cap and rear cap, and the dedicated hood BW52B.

The Lens is in excellent condition. Glass is clear with no scratch, haze, fungus, etc. Focusing is smooth. Aperture is snappy, open and close smoothly. There are only minimal signs of wear.

On crop, this lens is the best 24/2.0 Lens I have used, and I have used both Nikon Ai-S and Ai, as well as the famed OM 24/2.0 Lenses. The Canon FD has better resolution and contrast wide open than Nikkor or OM. So it makes an excellent fast normal on mirrorless system such as Sony NEX, Panasonic/Olympus micro 4/3, if you don't want to shell out $1000 for the E Sonnar. :)

Reason for selling: I have more than one copies, will never sell all of them unless I can find a better performing lens.

Asking price is $400. The first "I will take the lens at asking price" gets the lens. Price already includes paypal fee and USPS priority shipping with signature confirmation to paypal confirmed address in US. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

aleksanderpolo

Did a quick a dirty test for those who asked:

Center 1:1 crop at F2.0

Another one, full image downsized at F4

Last edited: