The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 silver + 50mm Summilux Type 2, + others

glee719

I want to wait a while and see if anyone wants to buy the combo first. It's a good price for the combo. If not, then I will consider selling the lens and body separately. Thank you for your interest.

What's included:

- Leica M9 Steel Grey w/ receipt 8/23/2011 and 1431 shutter count
- Leica 50mm Summilux f/1.4 w/ reversible hood/cap
- Zhou leather half case in brown
- Thump grip that mounts on the flash shoe
- Extra Leica lithium ion battery
- Domke wax-ware shoulder bag
- 8GB Sandisk memory card
- Box of Carl Zeiss lens wipes

About the camera body:
It comes with the original silver box, outside cardboard box, and inside presentation box. (Opening a Leica camera box for me is like opening a Hermes handbag for my wife.) The inside comes with manual, paperwork, charger, cables, and strap. The Lightroom code is already used. The camera has 2 imperfections I can detect and they are shown on the last page. 1) There is swirl mark on the top plate, which is really hard to photograph because of the metallic silver paint but at some angles it's definitely visible to the eye. I tried my best to show it in 2nd to the last picture but failed. The best picture to see is the one where I shot the front top angle and you will see some whitish marks on the top plate above the viewfinder. 2) there is a very small scuff under the hot show on the back about 1/16". If you use the thumb grip it will be covered. I never dropped the camera or put them against anything harsh, but I guess sometimes things shifted in the bag and it happens. The bottom plate still has the protective plastic on. The LCD has been protected by Giottos Schott Glass since day-1.

This is a very low-mileage camera. The camera's last DNG file has Image Unique ID: 00000000000000000000000000000597, which translates to 1431 shutter count. Everything functions perfectly on the camera. The leather strap in the picture is NOT included; the OEM Leica nylon strap is.

About the 50mm Summilux:
The lens is the Type II lens with optical formula that was around for decades. It's in very good condition and was serviced by Sherry Krauter's Golden Touch on 9/23/2011 so you know you are getting a good antique lens. The lens has no coating issues of any kind and therefore excellent glass. I detect one dust particle while viewing through the lens and you can kind of see it on the picture I took through the lens. The aperture ring is smooth and clicks definitively into each stop, and the focus ring is smooth and correctly dampened. These older silver lenses made out of solid brass are a pleasure to use. You can find more reviews about this lens online, basically Leica never changed the design until they surpassed itself with the aspherical version.

About the extras:
I am including few extras to get the party started. The Zhou leather half case in brown is a very nice and functional accessory to protect the camera while still telling people you have style. A thumb grip if you prefer to hold the camera differently and go naked. An extra Leica OEM battery (with box) to provide extra juice while you are shooting on the street. A Domke wax-ware shoulder bag to carry the camera and couple extra lenses. A Sandisk 8GB SD card. Plus a box of Zeiss cleaning wipes for fine optics.

I am selling this camera because I have been shooting more film and less digital. It hasn't been used for over 4 months now and I don't think it will get better.

For our precious forum members :clap:, I am looking for (net to me):

$5600 for body + case + extra OEM battery + memory card + thumb grip (I do not know if it's authentic so I am NOT using the "Thumb Up" name.

$1500 for the lens. I bought it few months ago from here for around the same price.

$6800 for both.

I just want to get rid of the body first, lens I don't care much whether I keep it or not. Digital Leica just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:

zoz63

Please read the forum's rules.You are breaking the rules as gear has to be For Sale on this forum for at least 48 hours before You can list on e bay and other places with a link in your add.

Last edited: