The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Feeler: Linhof Techno complete kit

vieri

In the ongoing reorganization of my kit, I might let go of my beloved Linhof Techno camera, with maybe a lens or two; this is just a feeler to see if there is any interest. So here it goes, a list of the items I'd like to sell with their NEW prices BEFORE TAX:

- Linhof Techno, costs 4.360 euro NEW
- WA bellows, costs 237 euro NEW
- Linhof case, costs 245 euro NEW
- Sliding adapter, costs 1.430 euro NEW
- Mamiya 645 adapter plate, costs 400 euro NEW (or Hassy according to which back you have, same price)
- Fresnel screen, costs 95 euro NEW
- Ground glass scoring costs 53.9 x 40.4, 55 euro NEW
- Basic light hood, costs 282 euro NEW
- Magnifier viewing system for lighthood, costs 370 euro NEW
- Lens board, costs 83 euro NEW

The above sells NEW for a grand total of 7.557 euro (you have to add VAT to it), but I can let it go for 5.500 euro if you are interested (about 30% off the new price, before tax). I'd rather ONLY ship UPS/FedEx or DHL, wouldn't want to trust regular mail with this unless the buyer will explicitly take all responsibility for it; so, the whole kit plus PayPal & shipping would make around 5.800 euro shipped to the US, 5.750 shipped to Europe (will check exact shipping quotes if anyone is interested). The kit is in perfect MINT condition and all works wonderfully as it should, and I am not keen on splitting it up at the moment.

As far as lenses go, I'll probably let go of:

- Rodenstock 35 APO Sironar Digitar f4.5, costs 1537 euro NEW, I'll let it go for 1.150 euro;
- Lens board for the 35 APO Sironar, costs 198 euro NEW, I'll let it go for 150 euro;
- Schneider 180 Apo-Digitar f5.6, costs 1524 euro NEW, I'll let it go for 1.150 euro;
- Lens board, costs 83 euro NEW, I'll let it go for 60 euro;

and maybe
- Schneider 90 Apo-Digitar N f4.5, costs 1083 euro NEW, I'll let it go for 820 euro;
- Lens board, costs 83 euro NEW, I'll let it go for 60 euro;

you can get the lenses with or without the lens boards of course.

I also have a Schneider 47XL which I will keep and use with my next rig. So, this is about it for now, looking forward to seeing how the board feels about all this :D

Last edited:

vieri

The kit is sold pending funds clearing - the 180 mm is still available, will create a proper "sale" thread for it. Thank you GetDPI and thank you all for your interest! :D

julienlanoo

Can i ask some thing ? Just because i am curious..
Why are you selling the Linhof body second hand ? more expensive than it costs new..?

I 've got the price over here from the Paris large format shop, as i am looking to buy one and ready to order...

Greets
ju

f8orbust

Vieri hasn't listed a price just for the Techno.

- Linhof Techno
- WA bellows
- Linhof case
- Sliding adapter
- Mamiya 645 adapter plate
- Fresnel screen
- Ground glass scoring costs 53.9 x 40.4
- Basic light hood
- Magnifier viewing system for lighthood
- Lens board

He says that he'll sell all of the above for 5,500 euros. New this would cost 7,886 euros (prices from Linhof & Studio) - i.e. a saving of 30%, as he correctly states.

Jim

vieri

Can i ask some thing ? Just because i am curious..
Why are you selling the Linhof body second hand ? more expensive than it costs new..?

I 've got the price over here from the Paris large format shop, as i am looking to buy one and ready to order...

Greets
ju
Vieri hasn't listed a price just for the Techno.

- Linhof Techno
- WA bellows
- Linhof case
- Sliding adapter
- Mamiya 645 adapter plate
- Fresnel screen
- Ground glass scoring costs 53.9 x 40.4
- Basic light hood
- Magnifier viewing system for lighthood
- Lens board

He says that he'll sell all of the above for 5,500 euros. New this would cost 7,886 euros (prices from Linhof & Studio) - i.e. a saving of 30%, as he correctly states.

Jim
Hey guys, it's exactly as Jim said. I hope the matter is solved, the kit has been sold anyway in the meantime, but the Schneider 180 mm and the Leaf Aptus II 12R are available for two more days if anyone is interest, after that they will be sold through a dealer (more expensive for the buyer, less advantageous for me - everyone loses!).

julienlanoo

aha,

One quick question, still why did you sell ? not happy with it ? ..
As i am ready to buy one ( in france) might be handy to know if it's not that good as i hope it is..

vieri

Julien,

the Techno is a wonderful camera and I loved working with it. I am just going in a different direction where I don't need all the movements and I can happily live without the size/weight that come with the technical possibilities of the Techno. To me, the Techno is the best compromise if the movements of a Cambo/Arca/Alpa compact Tech cameras are not enough for you and short of a full-fledged technical camera; only you can know what your needs are, but if that is what you need the Techno is IMHO the best option out there. Hope this helps :D