The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTS - Nikkor SC 50mm f1.4 (LTM) sonnar

newghost

For sale here is a beautiful copy of the Nippon Kogaku Japan Nikkor SC 50mm f1.4 in leica screw mount (LTM). Lens comes with nicca cap, nicca 43mm UV filter, black hood (marked *EP*) and a rear lens cap. Serial # 341xxx. Pics to follow...

Lens is great condition. Glass is clean, no fungus, no haze, no oil. Aperture ring clicks nicely at every stop and focus ring is smooth. Optically, one of the cleanest vintage lenses I have ever owned. Lovely "glow" wide open and the usual crisp sharp images when stopped down.

I'm asking US$1100 paypal'ed and shipped worldwide from Singapore with tracking. Any questions, please PM or email me at 1newghost at gmail dot com. Thanks for looking!

Gary Clennan

What a beautiful lens in such great condition! These in LTM are hard to come by these days. Are all these Nikkor 5cm f/1.4 Sonnar design? I thought just the f/1.5 was... GLWS.

Brian S

I am going to answer for the OP-

All of the Nikkor-S 5cm F1.4 lenses in Leica Mount are Sonnar formula lenses, 7 elements in 3 groups. The F1.5 lens is rare, only a couple hundred made. The F1.4 lens is considered to be sharper.

Most of the 5cm f1.4 lenses in S-Mount are Sonnar formula, in 1964 Nikon changed the design to one based on a Planar formula. That design was re-introduced with the Nikon S3-2000.

menos

Are you considering, to split and sell the lens hood separately, to have it fitted to my Nikkor-S.C 5cm ƒ1.4 :roll eyes:

I would love, to have a complete set, as I absolutely adore this lens!

newghost

Are you considering, to split and sell the lens hood separately, to have it fitted to my Nikkor-S.C 5cm ƒ1.4 :roll eyes:

I would love, to have a complete set, as I absolutely adore this lens!
Beautiful images! I'll take us$150 paypal'ed for just the hood. Shipping will be additional at cost. Any questions, please email me - 1newghost at gmail dot com. thanks!

...and <EP> marked!!!

menos

Thanks for the offer - more, than I was hoping for :-(
I am sure though, you will find a collector, who will pick this up - the lens is dream! Everybody should have one ;-)

GLWS