The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Feeler: RARE Leica Black Paint 50mm f/2 Summicron-M

bradhusick

I have a "line" on not one but two Leica 50 cron black paint lenses - the one that came only in the MP Classic set (500 pieces). Rare as hen's teeth, these are in like-new condition with the black paint hood and black paint cap. There's no box because they came in the camera set.

Before I put more work into this, I want to gauge interest level. It's likely these will sell for more than $6500 each, so let me know if this is on your "must have one" list and the price doesn't scare you away.

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited:

bradhusick

ebay research on listings and actually completed sales

There are collectors out there who simply must have one. I am very patient.

bradhusick

Wow! The whole MP Classic set for only $7K! Somebody should jump on this pronto! These are very rare, so once the set sells, my lens will still be even rarer since mine is 6-bit coded.

NB23

Wow! The whole MP Classic set for only $7K! Somebody should jump on this pronto! These are very rare, so once the set sells, my lens will still be even rarer since mine is 6-bit coded.
Let me suggest that you buy that 7000$ set so that you can be the master of supply and demand and resell it for 15000$

O

opsconcorde

A Hong Kong dealer has had an unused set with the lens for sale at around $6,900 for some months. It's still available. check out fotopia.com