The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB. Pentax 67 400mm f4 ED

m21apsh

Dear bensonga,
Saw this lens , it is pricy.... :cry: But very nice.
thanks.

After further reading Pentax 67 300mm f4 ED is another choice.
If anyone has one and willing to sell , please let me know.

P

puggles1973

I had to beg, borrow and steal but I just bought that lens 10 minutes ago. Can't wait to receive it, it's been on my wish list for decades, Cheers All. Tony

D&A

Interesting. I'm currently testing out Pentax's A* 600 f5.6 645 lens )on the 645D), which is it's little brother (format wise) but in actuality is somewhat bigger than this lens. In appearace though they look very similar, with a big carry handle incorporated in its design, and from what I have gathered they perform nearly on the same level as each other. Pentax made some very fine optics in longer focal lengths for both their 645 and 67 systems.

The seller of that lens (in the link provided) mentioned (had) in big bold letter that the lens was "24/7/365 in ACC room. In my neck of the woods "ACC" stands for the big basketball and football college conference and the visual image I had was this lens being tossed around like a football in the ACC locker room (24/7)....a visual image no potential buyer would want to imagine...LOL!

Best of luck with the lens!

Dave (D&A)

P

puggles1973

Thanks Dave. I am sure he doesn't mean what happens down your neck of the woods, after all he is in Taiwan. I can't wait to see my baby, pity he sold the accompanying 1.4X rear converter some while back, never mind, I'll get one someday. Cheers Tony

D&A

Good luck with the lens Tony, I'm sure it's going to be exceptional. I realize the seller of the lens was from Taiwan. My comments about the abreviation of "ACC" was simply said in jest although the ACC like many sport conferences has fans from all over the world. Let us know what the lens is like after you have a chance to shoot with it. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

P

puggles1973

Just received the lens this morning. Been cleaning it for an hour, very grubby. It is certainly impressive, not easy to play around with, definitely need a sturdy tripod to go with my Jobu BWG-ProB, Gitzo???