The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Lower Price Leica M9 + Xtras, Warrantied, Latest Thumbs-up, Two Orig. Batteries!

D&A

Hi All,

**** Before I describe this M9 and all included extra accessories for sale, permit me to request that all correspondence be sent to me via e-mail (as opposed to a PM) to my e-mail address of IRGdme "at AOL "dot" Com . This is because it's near impossible to respond to PM's from my tiny cell phone.

Up for sale is one of my beloved Leica M9 bodies that was almost exclusively used only indoors, inside the studio. I'm selling simply to use the proceeds to fund a non photographic related project. I am the original purchaser of this M9 and the only one who very carefully handled it from the moment the box was first opened. Most of the contents such as paperwork and cords etc. haven't been even unwrapped and we're simply taken out of the original box to take these pictures.

For myself, there are two important things I consider very important with the purchase of a used M9. The first is accuracy of focusing with lenses that are properly calibrated. The second is if the body has a Leica warranty in effect at time of purchase. Of course perfect functionality is a given.

1. I can say this Leica M9 body focuses perfectly (dead on) with all of the following lenses I've used (without the need for focus calibration by Leica). These include the Zeiss 21mm f2.8 lens and the new and Leica 21mm f3.4, the Lecia 24mm f2.8 asph, the Leica 28mm f2 Cron asph, the Leica 35mm f1.4 asph (both Type I and the new FLE), the VC 35mm f1.2 II, the Leica 50mm f1.4 Lux asph, the Leica 75mm f1.4 Lux (nails focus each time wide open), the Leica 90mm f2 pre asph E55 and the Leica 90mm f2 AA, and the 90mm f2.8 Elmarit-M. Lastly the Leica 135mm f4 (last version).

2. The body still has 4 1/2 months left on the Leica warrenty. I've been around here and all the other usual forums for years, so I will always be promptly here if on the rare occasion anything needs warranty adjustment and will facilitate that with the purchaser under Leica warranty service. The # of shutter actuations, determined by the "unique image #" is 17929 . Of course the protective plastic is still on the bottom plate of the camera.

The pictures show the entire contents of what is included. In fact there is even more original paperwork that comes with the M9 that hasn't even been removed from the box. Most all of it has never been touched. The Lightroom activation code which I beleive came with it hasn't been used.

The body operationally is flawless. No hiccups or glitches of any kind. Cosmetically there are virtually no marks on the body to speak of except for a small area on the rear, above the "Y" in Germany, where an older designed thumbs-up would rest against this area of the body. Some of these marks can be seen in the pic of the rear of the camera. I recently obtained the recently released and newly designed Gray color CSEP-1s Thumbs-Up, which now has a protective rubber strip on the complete back side, preventing any marks from ever occurring on the camera body. It's a great redesign of a great product! Just slip on this new Thumbs up and those very small marks are completely covered up.

A Giottos Glass screen protector was installed over the rear LCD within 30 seconds of opening the M9 box for the 1st time. The screen protector has the usual marks from wiping it with a lens cloth but this is simply the protector and of course can be removed if desired. The actual M9 LCD has never been touched and is perfect!

This newly designed CSEP-1s Boxed Thumbs-Up (Gray Color) will be included with this camera. Additionally I am including a boxed, brand new original Leica M9 battery in addition to the original battery that comes with the M9. These two separate sale items would normally cost an additional $250.00, but they are both being included with the sale of this M9. Truly a great value!

*** PLEASE NOTE: Pictures of the included newly designed CSEP-1s Boxed Gray Thumbs-Up and the additional brand new original Leica M9 battery, are not shown , but of course are included with this sale! Additionally, the M9 comes with everything as described, all original items in the box (many not even opened), all packacging and inserts, the original box and of course the outer gray Leica box that goes over the original Leica Silver & Black box.

Price for everything is $5095.00 plus shipping/insurance. (Please include 3% for Paypal). With the included latest Thumbs-UP and Extra Original Leica battery, this places this M9 well under $4850.00!

I've been a long time member of Getdpi as well as all the other well known photography forums and a ebay buyer/seller for over 13 years with a perfect 1300+ pure positives. I've truly enjoyed all my buy/sell transactions and they have always concluded splendidly.

*** Again please address all questions and inquiries via e-mail (as opposed to a PM) to my e-mail address of IRGdme "at AOL "dot" Com (because it's near impossible to respond to PM's from my small cell phone).

Thanks again for looking!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
D

dumplinknet

Re: FS: Leica M9 with Extras (Latest Thumbs Up, Additonal Battery etc.)

great value! it will sell in a quick second!

I

igerdes

re: FS: Lower Price Leica M9 + Xtras, Warrantied, Latest Thumbs-up, Two Orig. Batteries!

is the M9 still available?

D&A

re: FS: Lower Price Leica M9 + Xtras, Warrantied, Latest Thumbs-up, Two Orig. Batteries!

Hi igerdes,

Yes, at this point its still available. If interested or have any questions, please e-mail me using the e-mail address I mentioned in my post above. It's much easier for me to read and reply to an e-mail on my cell phone as opposed to a PM. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

blimey

Damn, wish it was black. Great to deal in person. I bought his M8.2 awhile ago.

D&A

Damn, wish it was black. Great to deal in person. I bought his M8.2 awhile ago.
Well I'll throw in a spray can of the best quality enamel black paint if that would help? :)

It was great meeting with you for the sale of my 8.2 and just wish the Gray color M9 was what you were looking for. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

Just a bump and to mention that if anyone would like me to post a picture of the newly designed Boxed CSEP-1s Thumbs and xtra boxed Leica M9 battery, items that I'm including with the sale of this camer, please let me know. Thx!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

Just wanted to mention a price reduction on my complete M9 along with the $250.00 in extras (the Boxed new model CSEP-1s Thumbs-up and and extra Leica original M9 battery). The New price for all this is $5039.00 (details of sale listed above).

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

With my lower price of my M9 and included extra's, I decided to provide an optional low cost choice for those that simply need only the Boxed M9 (not the extras) as I described fully above. This would be at a price I believe that is one of the lowest around with regards to the complete and impecable condition that this the M9 is in. Additionally it is also still under Leica warranty! The two extra seperate items that were originally included will now be listed individually (and optionally) for sale to the buyer of the M9, if they so desire them. They are not for sale otherwise at this time.

The new lower price for the M9 body alone is $4885.00 ! (payment terms listed in original ad)

The price for the following two items if purchased with the M9 are:

1) The newly redesigned CSEP-1s Gray Thumps-Up (Boxed) would be $115.00

2) Brand new "extra" Original Leica M8/M9 Battery (Boxed) would be $99.00

If all items listed are purchased together at the same time, the combined price for everything would be $5035.00, providing a substanial discount.

(Pictures of the Thumbs-up and Extra Battery are not up yet)

***Again please address all questions and inquiries via e-mail (as opposed to a PM) to my e-mail address of IRGdme "at AOL "dot" Com (because it's near impossible to respond to PM's from my small cell phone).

Thanks again for looking!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

It's hard to know exactly why but I am surprised that this hasn't been scooped up like many have said....especially due to it's immaculate condition, boxed and priced lower (4885.00) than most any M9 in this condtion and still under Leica warranty.

I should mention, depending on buyers location and refernces, other forms of payment might be quite acceptable in order to not have to deal with Paypal fees and save even more money.

Lastly the camera can be picked up/delivered personally if near the Wash. D.C/Virginia/Maryland area, so no shipping charges either! Anyhow, I think someone is going to get both a excellent deal and a great camera.

Dave (D&A)

Dannynono

Great price and I so wish that I could by it from you. It's salt in my wounds to know that being a fellow DC metro resident I could pick this up in person and save a few bucks more.

D&A

Since we're talking about the D.C. metro area, we can resolve this like clandestine spies do in the movies. We'll find this slightly out of the way park in the center of the city and I'll make the "drop" (Boxed M9 in it's original Leica non-descript outer gray box with no markings) on a empty park bench. You slip the envelope with the payoff (payment for M9) into nearby mail box attached to lamp post. You take off with the goods and I'll reach into said mailbox and...oh wait...darn, how do I retrieve the envelope????...LOL! That's not going to work. OK, not exactly a good plan although that's how they describe doing this in the nearby spy museum! :). OK, back to the drawing board.....

Dave (D&A)

PatrickCheung

I'm really really surprised that this is still here. If I had the money to spend, I'd pick it up right away! But sadly, being a student without a job... I don't quite have a term's worth of tuition to spare :p Best of luck with your sale!

glee719

Being an impulse shopper, and someone who just sold his M9 (silver), you know what's stopping me from buying this one back? I just sold the Luigi case to go along with it. Yeah I am holding back because I cannot accessorize it...