The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Zeiss Vario-Sonnar G lens

jlm

Workshop Member
looking for a clean one to fit to a Nex 7
this was for the Contax G

also welcome any comments on advisability, adapters, lens modding, etc

thx

Andrew Gough

I have one for sale here, I am asking $800 plus shipping and Paypal. It is a new lens, some of the original packaging is missing (Cardboard Inserts), but the lens is LNIB and I have verified that it performs like new.

Contax G 35-70mm

docmaas

It didn't work well for me until close to 70mm. I'd ver very leery of buying this lens for the Nex 7. OTOH it works great on the Nex5n.

MIke

looking for a clean one to fit to a Nex 7
this was for the Contax G

also welcome any comments on advisability, adapters, lens modding, etc

thx

jlm

Workshop Member
noted. I thought I saw some shots with the vario from one user on the nex 7?

obviously, i have to hold off the purchase until i figure this out

Andrew Gough

The lens works just fine on the NEX 7. BUT, below 45mm you will need to use corner fix to clean up magenta corners. They are sharp though. FYI my Leica 35mm lux, needs cornerfix on the NEX7...

Andrew

docmaas

On the adapter: I'm using a Monza designed for m43 but adapted to Nex via the thin m43/Nex adapter available on ebay. However, it does need to be thinned considerably to fit on the monza.

Mike