The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikkor 5cm F2 Leica Thread Mount (BGN Cond)

Brian S

For sale is a Nikkor-H 5cm F2 in Leica Thread Mount, front element has cleaning marks filled in with eye-glass repair kit, cosmetically EX condition. The infinity lock tab has been removed, and the indent for close-focus has been removed. This lens will focus to 18”, but the RF coupling of the Leica will stop at about 2.5ft The front element had cleaning marks when I got it. I diluted the solution from an eye-glass repair kit to fill in the marks, and the performance of the lens was improved. Keep a filter on the lens, blow-clean, use lens-cleaning tissue only. Do not use a wet cleaning solution on the lens. Focus is smooth, aperture is smooth.

Price: $160 shipped within the United States, $175 anywhere else via First Class International. $190 via International Priority Mail. Paypal, Personal Check, Money Order. ($5 discount for check/money order.) I reserve the right to hold shipment until check/MO clears. Return policy: returns must be made within 10 days, refund for the price of the item will be given after receipt. Postage cost is not refundable. Generic UV Filter and Home-Made rear cap included.

Front of lens, dead-on with flash to emphasize cleaning marks.

At F2 on the Leica M9:

At F4 on the M9:

On the EP-2, Minimum Focus, at F4:

More shots with the EP2 here:

http://www.mu-43.com/gallery/g1633-nikkor-h-5cm-f2-2c-leica-mount-2c-on-the-ep2.html

Brian S

Price Lowered: $145 shipped within the United States, $160 anywhere else via First Class International. $175 via International Priority Mail.

One Bump for this lens, small offset to the week's spending spree on the Nokton, a Sonnar, and Tanack!

Brian S

I forgot to post the wide-open and close-up Fence Post picture.

THIS Nikkor 5cm f2 wide-open on my M9:

(Focus point is where the fence slat meets the Post)

Whatever assumptions that Nikon made for film curvature and flange distance: they were spot-on for the M9. My Nikkor 5cm F1.4, 5cm F2, 10.5cm f2.5 and 8.5cm f2 are perfect on the M9. Need to try the 13.5cm f3.5 on it.

Last edited: