The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IC: 250mm CF Superachromat

Stuart Richardson

I have a photographer friend who is looking to sell his 250mm Superachromat. It is a CF version in great condition. It has been used, so there is the typical wear on the hood bayonet, and there could be some superficial marks in other areas, but the glass is great and overall it is very gently used. I shot it on my S2 as a test -- it was very very sharp, obviously, with great color. I did not test it on a Hasselblad, so I cannot comment on whether the shutter timing is perfect, so if you need absolute pinpoint timing, you might need to send it in. I only say this to cover all the bases since I did not test it on a blad...most hasselblad lenses of this vintage still have perfect timing. If the lens does not work at all, returns are accepted, but not if it just needs adjustment...that is expected for a lens that is more than ten years old.

The lens is located in Germany, so if you are in the EU, it would be a good chance to pick up the lens without worrying about customs etc. The photographer is a longtime editorial photographer who works for National Geographic Traveler, the New York Times and so on...he picked it up for a particular job and did not wind up using it much. He's 100% digital now. I am just brokering the sale since he does not have much experience on forums. I vouch for him completely though.

The asking price is 5300 plus shipping and paypal. If you are interested, let me know, and we can go from there.

The lens looks like this: