The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Discounted, unopened Canon 5D Mark III $100 off list

engel001

A. I got on two pre-order lists because I absolutely wanted the new camera for an upcoming trip (ironically to NYC). Both are from highly reputable NY dealers, and so I am selling one (from Adorama), unopened at list price minus $100 and with free shipping: $3399 net to me.

SOLD B. The used Canon 5D Mark 2 has been very well cared for, and shows almost no signs of use. It comes boxed with all original accessories, and unused strap. $1550 net to me with free shipping. Shutter actuation count around 7300.

I have 100% positive feedback with eBay (as "cengel001") and have sold a few items here before.

Last edited:

engel001

Re: Discounted, unopened Canon 5D Mark III and used Canon 5D Mark II

5D Mark II has been sold. 5D Mark III unopened still available, as boxed from Adorama.

engel001

I intend to do that if there is no interest in this deal. I am offering it only here to the GETDPI community. The 5D Mark III is not yet in plentiful supply.

engel001

Questions, questions....

Short story: When the first camera (Adorama) shipped, I called the second vendor to cancel. They surprisingly offered to discount the camera $100 which I accepted. That camera is now scheduled to arrive on Thursday, just in time for my trip. The Adorama camera is here and I am willing to pass on the discount. I am going to keep the second camera from the (unnamed) vendor when it arrives.

engel001

This offer is open for another 24 hours and then I will return the camera to Adorama. I haven't even opened the outer box. $3399 ($100 off list) net to me with free shipping in CONUS. I will pick up my second 5D Mark III at the UPS store Thursday afternoon and ship this back then, unless somebody here takes the deal.

Dukegoulden

Wow, not a good sign for Canon when nobody wants their brand new camera for $100 off, I'd take it if I had anymore Canon gear. Good luck!

etrigan63

I would buy this in a heartbeat if I had the money. I have to raise the cash for this and that is not going to happen overnight. Maybe I can set up a Kickstarter project for a starving photographer...