The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PENDING Selling my Noctilux!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Version 2 (E60 filter size and uses pin-mount hood).

The good: This lens is in outstanding shape all over, with pristine glass and showing only slight signs of use on the outer barrel. It IS coded. It also focuses PERFECTLY wide open on both of my M8 bodies. Aperture and focus ring are buttery smooth.

The bad: One nit, it is missing the original pin-mount hood. These can be found on eBay and are the same one the older 75 Lux uses, but they're kind of rare and pricey when they do show up --- like $250 - $300. However, I am including a screw-in metal hood that works better IMO than the original.

The ugly: I know I'll regret selling it :eek:

Asking $4250 OBO

Thanks for looking!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I should be clear it was my choice to sell it. I've had a weird relationship with the Noctilux over my Leica M years. Truth be told, this was my 4th copy(!) of it. Every time I've owned one, I've tried to love it, but it's never worked out. I like the look, I can even focus it accurately and there is such a mystique surrounding an f1.0 that actually renders not only a usable image, but a sharp image!

But at the end of the day, I just prefer the 50 Lux more; it's not just size either, but the way it renders just does it for me.

:)

PSon

I own the Leica M8 for a very brief time but the Noctilux was my all time favorite lens in the M8 system.