The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: iphone UNLOCKED and epson v700

yeah!

sorry for yet another wtb iphone thread!
but yeah looking for an iphone, preferably iphone 4.

must be unlocked, or be able to be unlocked before being sent out.

and also looking for a epson v700 scanner.

cheers

Godfrey

The only right way to buy an unlocked iPhone is to buy it from Apple that way. That's how I bought my iPhone 4S ... unlocked and ready for any service I want to connect to. Cost a bit but it's worth it.

Jailbreaking and unlocking after the fact has many issues. And "unlocked" iPhones bought from Verizon or ATT in the USA are a bit of a scam .. they're only "unlocked" if you go to an overseas service provider.

(I don't like contracts, so I buy my equipment outright and negotiate a service contract on a month-by-month basis.)

Terry

The only right way to buy an unlocked iPhone is to buy it from Apple that way. That's how I bought my iPhone 4S ... unlocked and ready for any service I want to connect to. Cost a bit but it's worth it.

Jailbreaking and unlocking after the fact has many issues. And "unlocked" iPhones bought from Verizon or ATT in the USA are a bit of a scam .. they're only "unlocked" if you go to an overseas service provider.

(I don't like contracts, so I buy my equipment outright and negotiate a service contract on a month-by-month basis.)
As long as there is a strong market for used Apple equipment it is cheaper to actually get a contract than pay full price for the phone go month to month. My last two iPhones have sold at high enough prices that my cost of owning the phone for the year has been about $40 (iPhone 4 cost $299 sold for $260). I'm not sure how cheap you can get a voice plus data plan for an unlocked iPhone in the US. The cost of a plan from AT&T is the same whether or not they are subsidizing a phone.

yeah!

thanks for the reply's. I'm actually from outside the USA and don't like being locked into contracts as i travel around a bit.. I saw another topic someone asking for an iphone unlocked so I to just thought I'd throw it out there..