The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35mm Summicron Type I Wetzlar - Excellent condition

S

sully75

Hi There,

I have a 35mm F2 Summicron Type I Wetzlar M2 (described here). I've been really pleased with the results, haven't used it all that much but it's got really nice bokeh and a really gentle quality to it.

I'm new to this site, but have bought and sold many times on APUG and Large Format Photography Forum (same username) and have 100% positive feedback on ebay. Here's a link to my profile.

The lens is very clean. I want to be clear that this also has been touched and handled. There is a small amount of white dust in the lens, pretty much what you'd expect for a lens of this vintage that's been well cared for. No big black specks, no fungus that I can see. Coating appears in great condition. There may be a cleaning mark or two but generally the coatings look really good to me. I don't think there's a single thing that's going to affect the pictures from a new lens, but I want to be clear that it's not a new lens.

The body, as can be seen from the pictures, is very clean. Aperture blades are nice and snappy. Everything snaps or slides appropriately. This lens was also CLA'd by Sherry Krauter, new lube throughout. I had Sherry remove the "infinity lock" which locks the lens at infinity. I don't know why anyone would want this. If it's important to you, Sherry can put it back on the lens. She holds the part so it doesn't get lost.

This comes lens hood. I just noticed that the hood is bent slightly on one side. You can see it in one of the pictures. Otherwise it's in very nice condition.

I also have the original UV filter for this lens. I always shot with it off, so it's been floating around for a while, but I just cleaned it off and it looks to be in good shape. No caps for this lens.

$3900+paypal fees+S&H w/ insurance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Paul

Last edited:
S

sully75

$3300 + S&H + Insurance + paypal fees bump

I'd consider partial trades for a bargain condition but totally useable 35mm or 50mm M lens. I'd also consider some large format equipment if you had it available, particularly a wider than 90mm lens to cover 4x5, a 6x12 back and a studio lighting kit.

S

sully75

$3200 + S&H + Insurance + paypal fees bump

I'd consider partial trades for a bargain condition but totally useable 35mm or 50mm M lens. I'd also consider some large format equipment if you had it available, particularly a wider than 90mm lens to cover 4x5, a 6x12 back and a studio lighting kit.

S

sully75

$3100 + S&H + Insurance + paypal fees bump

I'd consider partial trades for a bargain condition but totally useable 35mm or 50mm M lens or a Canon 35mm lens w/ adaptor. I'd also consider some large format equipment if you had it available, particularly a wider than 90mm lens to cover 4x5, a 6x12 back and a studio lighting kit.