The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summicron-R 35/2, Olympus Zuiko 24/2 and 40/2

Hello, everyone, and thanks for looking. I have the following for sale.

Leica Summicron-R 35/2 (E55, German)

Price: $900.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Free USPS priority within the US, other locations possible at cost

I bought this Summicron from a fellow FMer a few years back and while I was shooting Canon cameras, it was my constant companion. When I switched to Sony, I found I could use my Summilux-R 35 on the a900, so this only got used on my R8. Now that my buddy convinced me to sell my R8, there's no logical reason to keep the lens. It's in excellent shape, as you can see from the photos. There a couple of pinhead sized marks in the coating on the front element near the rim that I couldn't get to show up in the photographs, a bit of dust inside, and very few signs of use on the exterior. Mechanically, the focus is smooth and the blades are clean. Stopping down to f/11 and beyond, the aperture ring takes a bit more torque than f/2-f/10, but the clicks are there and the blades close as they should. Those are the full-disclosure flaws, and I doubt you'll notice them once you have the lens in your hand.

For Sony Alpha users, I can either convert the lens for you using a Fotodiox mount replacement or include the Alpha mount in the package. For Canon shooters, I can include a Fotodiox adapter. These are freebies for the buyer. No discount if you don't want them. Ships with OEM caps.

Olympus Zuiko 24/2 + Minolta 24/28 clamp-on hood

Price: $575.00
Shipping instructions: Free USPS priority within the US, other locations possible at cost

This Oly I bought from B&H (rated 9) last year. I used it on both Canon FF and NEXs, and if I were still shooting Canon, I'd keep it. But the move to the a900 opened up using the Elmarit-R 24 on a FF, and now I've got a Pen-F 25 coming for the NEX-7, so this, like the Summicron, lost its place in my kit. Very clean, mechanically perfect, some dust inside, and very few signs of use.

For Canon shooters, I can either convert the lens for you using a non-chipped Leitax mount or include the mount in the package. It's a freebie for the buyer. No discount if you don't want it. Ships with OEM caps, the hood, and the hood's case.

Olympus Zuiko 40/2

Price: $600.00

This Oly I bought from KEH in EX+ condition a month or so ago specifically for the NEX but have since discovered I like use the Pen-F lenses on the camera more than the FF lenses. It's very clean, mechanically perfect, some dust inside, and very few signs of use.

For Canon shooters, I can either convert the lens for you using a non-chipped Leitax mount or include the mount in the package. It's a freebie for the buyer. No discount if you don't want it. Ships with OEM caps.

Photos of all three can be found here.

I'm mostly a lurker here and have only made a couple of purchases off these boards. I have more feedback at Fred Miranda under this same username here and on eBay here. Please feel free to PM me with any questions and thanks again for looking.

Brad

I am reducing the price of these as follows:

Summicron-R 35: $850
Oly 24/2 + Hood: $500
Oly 40/2: $525

This prices are valid through Sunday afternoon, when I will be listing the lenses on eBay if not already sold.

Thanks.

Brad

I've received a couple of questions on another forum about the Summicron so I thought I should clarify. The "additional torque" necessary after f/10 is very slight and not a mechanical failure. With the mount removed, the iris turns smoothly. The additional tightness feels like lack of use more than anything as I rarely found a reason to stop down past f/8 on this lens. But it is in good working order. I just didn't want a buyer to feel like I hadn't disclosed everything about the lens.

Thanks.

Brad

The Summicron has been sold. The Oly's I will leave up until I've decided if I want to go the eBay route or not. I may end up trading them locally.