The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS (feeler)- Zeiss ZM 85 mm f/2 Sonnar

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone, I had the good luck of purchasing this fantastic and RARE lens from a fellow GetDPI, boxed, basically mint. While I love the lens for its wonderful rendering (it's possibly the best portrait lens that I have ever used, seriously), I need to free up funds for a bed (LOL...a nice bed)....having the APO-90 cron in my stable, it's hard to justify owning both this lens and that one.

So up for sale (CONUS only) is my Zeiss ZM- 85 mm f/2 Sonnar in Leica M mount. This lens was produced for 2 years, and production was halted in 2009, due to difficulty procuring materials. There are some whispers that Zeiss may start making these again, but it's not a certainty, and depends much on demand.

So, one of the best, and rarest portrait lenses ever has come available. I searched long and hard for this one....it's a rare beast....and it's for sale, along with original box, front and rear caps, and packaging, plus a UV haze filter from B+W. It is basically mint, but let's call it mint-minus to be safe. CONUS sale only. I only take bank/cashier's checks (or a personal check that must first clear). No Paypal, sorry.

My asking price is: $3300 shipped.

Pics to come if there's interest....

Pics from this lens, are here for viewing:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/389913-post9.html

ashwinrao1

Easter egg bump....

One more bump, and I'll probably just take it off the market. It's a brilliant lens, and I'd be happy to hold on to it for some more time....

ryc

Tempting. I am looking for one now but in a more used condition to reflect a lower price. It's too bad uncle sam took a chunk this past week or I would have jumped on it :(

ashwinrao1

Bump back to the top from 3 weeks back. With the new Leica announcements, this lens would be fantastic on a B&W (or color) sensor....

Price updated to $3200 shipped...CONUS. Bank checks only (no Paypal)

Okay, here are some pics of the lens, box, etc...

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

A bit of a shocked bump that this hasn't sold...oh well, it's still up for sale ....

until I decide to keep it for portraiture on the M9M LOL...