The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 35mm F1.4 Summilux-M ASPH FLE (latest version)

wattsy

I bought this lens new in July 2011 (I am the original owner). It focusses very smoothly and is very sharp.The cosmetic condition is 99% - perfect except for a very minor imperfection in the knurling (see photo). I have inspected the lens carefully and there are no other blemishes of any kind. Glass is 100% flawless. Boxed with absolutely everything including original paperwork. Bought from an authorised dealer in the UK. Comes with transferable UK Passport Warranty until July 2012 (and, of course, normal Solms warranty until July 2013). Asking GBP 3150 (approx USD 5,000). Insured shipping extra at cost. I am based in the UK but will ship worldwide (with some exceptions).

I have an eBay rating of 100% (username 'mobilefish') and have sold Leica lenses a couple of times here and many times on the LUF classifieds (I have been an active member of that forum since 2003).

Please note: I am not a dealer but I am VAT registered and buyers located within the EU will need to add 20% VAT (or provide a valid VAT number to buy at ex-VAT price). Please also note that I will not ship specifying an artificially low customs value. The full cost of the lens will be the declared value.

Last edited:

wattsy

Price: GBP 2,975 plus actual shipping (just to keep the asking price consistent between classified listings).

Example photograph using this very lens:):

Farnz

I'm interested, Ian, but alas the 20% VAT kills it for me. Are you certain that VAT should be levied on this sale of second hand goods within the UK?

Regards,
Pete.

wattsy

Yes, Pete. Being VAT registered I have to account for VAT on both inputs and outputs. Buying the lens for my business I was able to buy at the ex-VAT price. The flip side of that is that I am obliged to add VAT (if bought by a UK or non-VAT registered EU customer) when/if I sell that business asset. Of course if I had bought the lens in a personal capacity (purely for hobby use, etc.) it would remain completely outside the scope of VAT. More info can be found here.