The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Mamiya ZD back, new in August, less than 100 clicks $3850!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just what the title says, this is virtually a brand new 22 MP digital back. I got it as part of a bulk purchase of gear and do not need it. (The previous owner bought it this August from B&H.) Comes with all the original packaging, software, case, caps, IR filter in place, battery and charger. The only item missing is a ZD focus screen for the AFD cameras, but I will include a proper mask for any AFD screen. This is a great deal, get a 22 MP digital back for about half of what a Canon 1Ds3 costs!

$3850 OBO, PM or email me at jack-at-getdpi-dot-com if interested.

Joseph Ramos

Workshop Member
Jack,
Can this back be used for IR capture? Also looking at some of the new pictures you have been posting AWESOME!
Thanks,
Joseph Ramos

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Joe:

Yes it can! In fact it is one of the few DB's that you can remove the IR filter and take IR images with!

Joseph Ramos

Workshop Member
Jack,
What is involved in removing the IR cut filter? Do you need to use filters for IR capture?
Thanks,
Joseph

JimCollum

you still need an IR filter (b/w 92 or 93) to cut out the visible (or most of the visible) light. the IR pass filter for the ZD is a piece of optical glass that replaces the IR cut filter already in the back. It's spring loaded, and takes a second or two to replace.

some images taken with this setup

Last edited:

Joseph Ramos

Workshop Member
Jack,
Let me know if sale falls through. Jim thanks for the examples and please let me know about your prints. Also which do you feel is better at catching IR M8 or ZD?
Thanks,
Joseph

V

Vivek

Jack (or anyone else who is parting with a ZD back in the ~$3,500 range) please do drop me a line. Thanks! Vivek.

I really want this since I'm made the decision to move from the DMR to the MFDB world, but unfortunately the timing is a little early for me as I still have to sell the DMR kit.