The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica MP, M3, 50mm 'cron DR, 90mm Tele-Elmarit

glee719

All prices are asking and net-to-me.

Leica MP with .85 Viewfinder: $3300
Comes with box, manual, and presentation inner box. This camera is in superb condition. I bought it used from a forum member who used it very sparingly and it shows. The external condition can be seen in the pictures and it's probably as good as new. The only signs of usage I could find are on the matt black part touching the inside of the base plate. In the last two pictures you will find tiny white spots from opening and closing of the base plate. The base plate itself still has the protective plastic on and during my possession I always used it with a leather case. Fresh batteries were installed in March. As you can see from the picture showing the metal plate backing the film, it's as clean as it gets so I doubt many rolls had gone through this camera at all. Shutter curtain is crisp and clean, shutter timing is spot on, the viewfinder is bright and clear, and the light meter is functioning perfectly.p.s. the box was acquired separately.

Leica Single Stroke M3 Body: $850

This is my first M3 and also the last one to let go. I finally settled for the convenience of built-in light meter (a cheaper M6). As you know, M3 has the most accurate rangefinder and the largest viewfinder of all Leica Ms. The included lens is what I had with the camera almost all the time.

The camera is functionally 100%. Cosmetically, there are some brassing on the body, some paint loss on the film door, and some wear around the strap attachments. The film counter, advance lever, shutter speed dial, rewind knob, and self timer all work nicely. Shutter timing seems to be accurate although I haven't had it serviced recently I have had good exposures. I will include a MR meter but the battery seems to be a little dead. Vulcanite was replaced once.

Leica Summicron 50mm Near-Focusing Range: $950
The lens is a late serial number Summicron with Near-Focusing Range. This lens is a mechanical perfection and feels like a million bucks. Externally it's in excellent condition as you can see in the photos. There is negligible haze inside and only noticeable when you shine unnatural light into it. Aperture ring is smooth and clicks into each stop. Focus ring is smooth and properly dampened. Aperture blades are oil free. Lens external coatings are perfect without scratches. The inner metal parts are also very clean. The lens comes with front (push-on) and rear cap and the eye attachment in leather tube. There is a silver Leica SL filter on the lens and it's not pictured. I will also include a B+W MRC F-pro ND 0.6 filter. The lens also has the original metal vented hood and an unusual attachment - a polarizer designed for rangefinders!

Leica 90mm Tele-Elmarit (fat version): $650

This lens is very clean internally and externally. There is no haze. Aperture ring is smooth and clicks into each stop. Focus ring is smooth and properly dampened. Aperture blades are oil free. Lens external coatings are perfect without scratches. The inner metal parts are also very clean. The red dot that indicates the alignment point when mounting on the camera is missing but that's hardly an issue. This lens comes with the metal lens hood with reversible cap. The hood can be reversed to cover the lens itself when not in use, and the cap is at the base of the hood.

Last edited:

glee719

If anyone wants to buy the MP with the latest Summilux 50mm f/1.4 ASPH, I can sell the package for $6900. Lens has one piece of dust behind the front element but otherwise looks good. I don't have to sell the lens, but I don't exactly "need" it either so it's a toss. I am not selling the lens separately right now though.