The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtlander 6 bit mount

Gbealnz

Received today, sold the lens a few days ago, so not needed now.
New to the market, fitting that allows the Voigtlander series lenses to be 6 bit coded.
I use them on the Leica lenses, and they work great.
This one is untried by me but I am sure it will be as good as the Leica ones I have and use.
$40 posted PayPal.

Last edited:

Gbealnz

Don't know to be honest, I can check in the light of day if it will help. I specifically asked for it to fit the 35/1.4, so assume it will bring up the 35mm lines.
Purchased from the bay, along with a couple of Leica fit ones. Leica fit ones are fitted and marked accordingly.
Gary

Gbealnz

Eric,
I would assume so, there are only three screw holes in this adaptor, so if your lens has the same, then I'd guess so.
This was made to "fit Voigtlander lenses", and I stipulated the 35mm lens I had at the time. Gut feeling is that they will al be the same, but honest answer is "dunno".
Worth a try I reckon.
Gary

EricC

Gary,
Thanks for getting back to me.
That is a shame as the 12mm has four screw holes at ninety degrees to one-another.
Good luck with the sale.
Eric

Gbealnz

There still exists the ability for it to fit though, as the three holes in this one are at 90º to each other, and the position of the 4th hole is right where the coding is, so it would be my guess that only the three are used.
The same method is employed with the replacement Leica ones I have, only 5 of the 6 screws are use. I store the unused one safely with the original bayonet ring, so it can be reverted to original.
Gary

EricC

Thanks for the extra info, but I would rather enter the code manually than have the mount secured by only three instead of four screws.
Eric