The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Low shutter count Leica M8 and Summicron 90mm

defektive

Leica M8, A1 condition, low shutter count, with extras. AU$2300.

This is what is included:
Leica M8 digital rangefinder camera (body only)
Original accessories - shoulder strap, box, manual, battery, charger, body cap and software
Extras - spare battery (non genuine), Giottos glass screen protector fitted, 3 x UV/IR cut filters

The Camera:
The camera is in excellent condition functionally and cosmetically. It has been used by me as my only camera for the past year without missing a beat. I did my research prior to buying it to make sure that it was not one of the early production models that were plagued with various issues such as high ISO banding. It's serial number is 3201407 which places it after these issues were addressed by Leica. It has just clicked over 3600 shutter actuations and the only real signs of use is some slight brassing on the edges where my hands have been fondling it and some minor paint loss on the base plate from sitting it on things. One quirk that it does have is that the base plate is actually from an M8.2 as you can see from the pictures. I'm not sure how it happened as it was on there when I bought it.

The Extras:
The spare Lithium Ion battery is from an Australian company (can't remember their name) with a good reputation. I have used it as much as the original Leica one and have not noticed any difference in the capabilities though I do not know if it will have the longevity of the Leica. It is still performing as well now as it did when I bought it 12 months ago.
I fitted the screen protector when I first got the camera for a bit of extra protection. It is one of the hard glass types about 1-2mm thick so it gives reasonable protection against knocks and scratches.
You all know that a UV/IR cut filter is a requirement with any lens when using an M8 due to the weak in camera IR filter. I have included three different sizes in this sale: 39mm, 40.5mm and 46mm. They are all high quality and in excellent order with the two smaller diameter ones made by B W and the 46mm by Leica.

Summicron-M 90mm f2 E55 pre-asph lens. AU$1350.

I love this lens, have a look on flickr to see how well it performs if interested. My copy has a couple of issues from a previous owner so I think I have priced it accordingly.
1) There are a couple of dings and scratches on the slide out lens hood. I have tried to show them in the images.
2) The filter thread has been damaged. I did not find this a major issue as I could still screw a filter on far enough to use, bearing in mind that I always had a UV/IR cut filter installed for the M8 and never had a problem.

B W 55mm 486 UV/IR cut filter. AU$50.

Used on the summicron above. Glass is pristine.

My reason for sale is genuine - I have upgraded to the M9 and need the cash from these items to pay for it. If you buy both the camera and lens for the asking price I'll throw in the filter or take off $50 if it has already been sold.

Paypal is extra and postage price quoted is for within Australia shipping. I will post internationally so let me know where you are and I'll get a price for you. I have 100% feedback at ebay with the same username.

Cheers,
Sam