The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Panasonic Leica D 14-150 four-thirds

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
This system has been my "travel kit" for the past 6 months, and has performed admirably in that role. I don't have much travel planned for the next few months, so my LX3 can get me by. I'll probably eventually pick up a "micro four-thirds" system some time next year.

The following items are for sale, as shown in the photo below:

- Olympus E-420 with Olympus Zuiko 14-42 f3.5-5.6 kit lens: [SOLD] $450 shipped & paypal'd for the kit
- Panasonic Leica D Vario Elmar 14-150 f3.5-5.6 Mega OIS: [SOLD] $900 shipped & paypal'd
- Olympus Zuiko ED 50mm f2 Macro: SOLD
- Olympus Zuiko 25mm f2.8 "pancake": [SOLD] $200 shipped & paypal'd

All items include the original boxes and all original accessories. I'm also including two additional batteries for the E-420. All items are in mint condition with no issues.

The E-420's claim to fame is that it's currently the world's smallest DSLR. This is what makes it such a superb travel camera.

The Leica D 14-150 is exceptional for a super-zoom, and the OIS (image stabilization) comes in handy, as the E-420 does not have in-body IS. They Panasonic Leica lens is compatible with the E-420, giving full AF and exif data. The only minor glitch is that the OIS will stay "always on" when mounted on the E-420, so you have to use the OIS on/off switch on the lens to turn off OIS when you don't want it on, in order to save battery life.

The Olympus 50mm f2 macro is really an exceptional lens, with great sharpness and bokeh.

All these Olympus Zuiko lenses are surprisingly good performers, and in very compact bodies. Many of them have been reviewed recently on DPR, so you can check there to see the technical specifics on these lenses.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: FS: Olympus E-420 w/ Leica & Oly lenses

I've decided to go ahead and break up the set and sell the items individually. I've added prices for each individual item.

The 50/2 macro is sold.

Mike

M

moggi1964

PM sent earlier today; forgot to tell you :)

helenhill

Hi MIKE
HELEN HILL HERE....
I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS INTERESTED IN YOUR OLY 420 KIT W/14-42 LENS
& YOUR PANCAKE LENS
HER NAME IS ZORA
AND HER EMAIL: zoralanzone at gmail.com

otherwise PM me
THANX
Best-H :)

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks Helen - I dropped an email to Zora.

You may want to remove her email address from this thead, in case an web-crawling engines pick it up and add it to a spam list.

Mike

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Instead of the {at} words just put in @

Spam filters can't pick up on the at but it will on the @ sign

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Helen - your friend bought the E-420 kit and the pancake lens.

Now all that remains is the Leica 14-150 lens. Ironically - I was sure it would be the first item to sell :)

Mike

Guy Mancuso

Yea and the one I would not mind having either. Supposedly a great lens

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: FS: Panasonic Leica D 14-150 four-thirds

The Leica D 14-150 OIS (28-300 equivalent) is still available. It's a very good lens, especially for a "super zoom".

Mike

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Price on the Lieca D 14-150 OIS is now $950 shipped.

Mike

Joan

Mike, I wish I had the money for this, I REALLY do! Alas, I am on an austerity budget for the foreseeable future. You don't have a layaway plan, do you? ;) :ROTFL:

Seriously, if you are willing to pay the $35 subscription fee, you might try listing it on the 4/3 Photo (http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com) buy and sell board. I believe you'll have a very good chance of selling it there.

Guy Mancuso

Mine won't sell either. No Oly takers this time around.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks for the tip Joan - I posted the lens on the FourThirds forum.

I've dropped the price on the Leica 14-150 to $900 shipped.

Last edited:

Joan

Good luck, Mike! If I win the lotto before you sell it, I will be back here in a flash!! :)