The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Gorgeous Pre-ASPH Silver 50mm f1.4 Summilux (E46)

cam

Re: FS: Gorgeous Pre-ASPH Silver 50mm f1.4 Summilux (E46)

Guy, you are the arm twister. I already have the 28 cron and the 75 lux, this seems like a perfect complement. I'm going to stew on it for a night.
oooh! lovely set up! you definitely need this lens -- the perfect complement to the two you have (two i am looking for which is why i am not upgrading my v.2 at this time).

remind me to mug you if we ever meet, T-Man :D

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

remind me to mug you if we ever meet, T-Man :D
If I end up with this lens, I'll be easy to spot. Sort of an interracial M8 thing going on. Timely in a way, no?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Guy, you are the arm twister. I already have the 28 cron and the 75 lux, this seems like a perfect complement. I'm going to stew on it for a night.
Tim,
I have the previous version which Guy graciously tested for me.
It is amongst my favorites.
-bob

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks Bob. Am I imagining things or did I read somewhere that the chrome version of this lens is somehow better than the black? Focus shift issue or some such? Maybe I'm confusing this with another lens where chrome vs. black version was an issue?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Tim, I think that was re the 35 Lux Asph -- some claimed their chrome versions didn't focus shift, but the black ones definitely did.

AFAIK, none of the 50 pre-Lux's exhibit troublesome focus shift.

jonoslack

Thanks Bob. Am I imagining things or did I read somewhere that the chrome version of this lens is somehow better than the black? Focus shift issue or some such? Maybe I'm confusing this with another lens where chrome vs. black version was an issue?
HI Tim
Don't you think you'd better stop fiddlassingabout before someone else buys it?

I use silver lenses on a black body too . . . mmmmm

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Just got my 35 lux asph (black) back from Leica for the third time,
It is not very bad now, I just have to remember that ALL of the DOF at 1.4 is at or in front of the point of focus.
My 50 pre-lux is dead-on, although if you try, you can measure a tad of focus shift, but it is much much less than the 35 lux asph
-bob

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Tim, I think that was re the 35 Lux Asph -- some claimed their chrome versions didn't focus shift, but the black ones definitely did.

AFAIK, none of the 50 pre-Lux's exhibit troublesome focus shift.
Ahh, thanks Jack. I knew i'd heard it but wasn't sure which lens.

With that, I'll stop fiddlassingabout (those Brits and their lingo) and go count my lucre, prepare a terrific dinner for the wife, then wait until at least the second glass of red before mumbling something about a new lens.

Thanks everyone!

jonoslack

Ahh, thanks Jack. I knew i'd heard it but wasn't sure which lens.

With that, I'll stop fiddlassingabout (those Brits and their lingo) and go count my lucre, prepare a terrific dinner for the wife, then wait until at least the second glass of red before mumbling something about a new lens.

Thanks everyone!
Have a great supper
Flowers are good :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Tim,
I have the previous version which Guy graciously tested for me.
It is amongst my favorites.
-bob
Better watch your bag I may steal that one back.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Tim, I have this lens in chrome and love it. It looks marvelous on my chrome M8 and on my black M5.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Tim,
If you don't buy this soon, I might just add to my 50mm pre-asph collection :ROTFL:
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Yea than I will have a toy to play with in Moab

Thank goodness, I was getting weak in the knees. Fortunately, I can console myself with a beautiful silver "rigid" 50 cron which has been living on my silver M8, while my black 50 lux asph lives on my M7. Congratulations to TR, I hope.....Peter