The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M8U - silver

zombii

Leica M8U in near mint/mint condition. Shutter and framelines have been upgraded. I'm the third owner but I've put on most of the shutter actuations. Shutter count based on the Unique Image ID is 12226. The body was CLA'd by Leica NJ in the fall of 2010 after the vertical line issue showed up. That was fixed and the focus accuracy was adjusted as well. Focus is accurate
on a Noctilux at f/1 and a Nikkor 85/1.5 wide open. Both lenses have been CLA'd so the focus on the body is right on. The only "flaw" is that the selector wheel is a little stiff but it works properly otherwise. There is a slight mark on the top plate right behind the on/off switch but you have to look for it since it's very superficial. This is visible in the top plate photo. There is a small bit of paint loss on the tip of the Thumbie. The body is pictured with a Photo-Equip grip, a Thumbie grip, Gordy's wrist strap and an Abrahamsson soft release which are included in the price. Included are one battery, original box, battery charger, cables, strap, manual and CD's. Asking price is $2600 net. Buyer pays Paypal and shipping. If you don't want the Photo-Equip grip, deduct $100; Thumbie, deduct $25; soft release, deduct $10; wrist strap, deduct $15. Sale and shipment to Paypal confirmed addresses using insured, signature confirmation shipping only. Sale to US addresses strongly preferred.

I forgot to mention that a Sandisk 8GB Extreme III memory card is also included.

Last edited: