The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Zeiss ZE 50mm f/1.4

agoglanian

Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority

I have been waffling back and forth about which 50mm to get this time around, seeing as I've tried almost all of them (referring to native mounts)

Anyways, I am pretty sure I'd like to pick up the ZE 50mm again, reason being is that it would be wonderful for my video work (it would be nice to focus on one focal length for a while) and for what I typically use a 50mm for I really don't need AF. (Thankfully I have a couple other lenses with very capable AF speeds.

I would really like to find a used one of these. I sadly am on a pretty strict budget and I have around $550 (give or take a little bit) to work with. I realize this is a little lower than some of them have sold for, but perhaps we can work something out. I don't mind it being well used as long as the glass is perfect and the focus is nice and smooth. Wear marks don't really matter as long as the distance scale isn't affected.

If you have one you can part with, please get in touch with me, I'm looking to buy right away.

Thanks!

Why not consider a Contax (Zeiss T*) 50/1.4 with a simple C/Y - EF adapter? That combo should easily fit within your budget.

I have the 50/1.7 adapted in that way and it's a fine lens (not for sale!).