The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M3 *EXC* Must See! CLA'd

Morituri

(Lens for demonstration purposes only)

I have used a lot of Leica cameras over the years, and this M3 has, by far, the smoothest mechanical action I have ever felt of any camera. The previous buyer said that he had it CLA'd and cleaned in Stockholm. The mechanic must have done an absolutely amazing job, this is THE smoothest Leica I have ever felt, by far. The film advance motion is so smooth I thought it was broken at first. The shutter barely has any resistance when advancing to a new frame, an absolutely superb example of a Leica. When shooting in BULB mode I had to take the film out to check if the shutter was firing because when I lifted my finger, the camera makes zero noise when second courtain goes off.

You WILL be satisfied.

All shutter speeds are spot on from 1sec to 1/1000 sec. I could not detect any shutter bounce or irregularities in the times and I shot at 1/1000 quite a bit to test it, all my negatives had same exposure.

Obviously, shutter curtains are clean and fully intact with no damage, light leak, what so ever, body is in very good cosmetic shape, viewfinder is brilliant so is the rangefinder.

And just for good measure, comes with an original Leica M body cap.

Price: $950 for the best Leica I have ever used. Sadly, I can't justify keeping it over my main camera, so it has to go to someone who will cherish it.

Shipping with INSURED mail. With TRACKING NUMBER.

I DO NOT ship to Central- South America and Africa.

Last edited:

Morituri

up, If you've ever wanted to know why an M3 was so special, you'd be crazy to pass this example up.

Price includes shipping and paypaled by the way.

Last edited:

Morituri

up, I'm going to post a nicer pictures from now on since I ordered a little digital P&S which should take vastly better pictures than my cellphone