The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M3 1 million plus serial

shaunmlavery

As it pains me to do this, I have a nice copy of a M3 that I don't get to use because my workflow is more and more digital. With that said, my computer is showing its age more and more! If anyone out there wants to got the opposite way I'm going and trade an analog piece for digital, give me a shout!

I will obviously add money accordingly. I just wanted to get this up here so I would make myself do it! I will take some photos in the next few days. I think processing a batch of photos under pressure put me on the edge. :D I usually allot enough time ,but time was of the essence. A faster computer is money in this situation.

Just let me know what you have!

I'm looking for either a Mac Pro, iMac or a Macbook Pro. I can make either of these work. In the iMac/Macbook Pro, I'm looking for the i5/i7.

If you would like to purchase it outright, that is fine as well. I think I may have found a Mac Pro. The price is $1000

Ok, so here are the photos of the M3. These were taken with a macro, so the dust is exaggerated a bit. :D

Best,
Shaun

shaunmlavery

kosta,

thanks! I really hate to part with it but my Mac is acting a bit sluggish with Capture One at times. I'm running a SSD and such and it still just wants more power. Not bad considering the age of my Mac.

The thing is, I hate buying technology versus something like this M3. I try to stretch my mileage as far as I can on my computers and such and then draw then draw the line.

If you are interested, let me know. I may have found a Mac Pro but want to sell this first. Redistribute funds. It keeps me in check a bit. :D

kosta_dm

I got my mbp in 09 and just upgraded the ram to 8gb for peanuts from OWC. it has an sSd too but yeah, the cpu intensive stuff does slow it down a little. everything else it's still blisteringly quick!

Looks like a great cam.

what's the focus patch/rangefinder condition like?

shaunmlavery

The focus patch and rangefinder are very nice. To me, the patch seems as bright as any of my M's I have had. I was always worried about the M3's because of the talk of dim and separation. Apparently, this one was hand-picked from a lot of M3's due to its nice patch.

If you have any other questions, shoot them my way.
Best,

shaunmlavery

I sold my dell u2711 so I think I'm going to make my macbook pro "work for now. With that said, I would just like to sell the M3 rather than trading at this point. I can't edit the original post to reflect this.

So, if you are interested please shoot me a message. This leica needs to see some film!