The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M3 DS with Summarit-M 5cm F1.5- great users.

Brian S

I have Two M3’s and Two Summarits. Time to offer one for sale.

For Sale:

Leica M3 Double Stroke with 5cm F1.5 Summarit-M lens, series VI filter adapter, series VI filters, Series VI hood, and fitted case. The camera and lens were professionally Cleaned, Lubed, and Adjusted (CLA) by Essex camera about 8 years ago. The lens has some marks on the front element, nothing that will have any real effect on the image. I have used this lens on my M3, M8, and M9. The filter ring was damaged when I got it, and Essex straightened it out. It will take the “hard to find” 41mm filters without problem. I use the included (and RARE) Tiffen #611 Series VI adapter, made it much more convenient to find filters and hood. The camera is in ~8/10 condition, brassing on the top plate common with using Leica MC meters. The Vulcanite is in decent condition, one piece repaired by Essex near the DOF preview lever.

I have used this camera with good results, the viewfinder is in excellent condition, and shutter has been accurate on all speeds.

$1080 shipped within the US via insured Priority mail with signature confirmation; $1130 via insured Priority mail world-wide with signature confirmation. Paypal is fine, as is personal check or money order. $30 discount for check/MO, or “Paypal Gift”. I reserve the right to hold shipment until after a check clears. 14 day return policy, shipping is NOT refundable. Internationally, item must be declared for the insured amount.

Wide-Open on the M9:

At F4 on the M9:

At F4 on This M3:

Wide-Open on This M3:

Brian S

I have too much equipment. It's bad enough to have a lot of lenses for the Leica, then I HACK non-Leica lenses into Leica Mount! It's an illness. I have thirty 50mm lenses in Leica mount alone.

Like this one.

Too many lenses!

Bump!

I will sell the Summarit-M with the filter adapter, hood, and filters as shown, +generic rear cap for $470 Shipped within the US via Priority Mail and $490 Shipped via International Priority.

Brian S

Body sold to Doug, "long story"... I ended up keeping the DS and selling the other one. This one was made the same month that I was.

Summarit is Still available.

Last edited: