The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 2@ Metz 54MZ-3 Flash units for Mamiya/Phase DF, Leica and Canon

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I know, title is a little confusing! What I have is 2 Metz 54 MZ-3 flash units with interchangeable dedicated feet. This is the ONLY flash that works TTL directly on the Mamiya/Phase AFD/DF bodies; for that application it requires the SCA 3952 foot which is included in kit #1. In addition I am including with kit #1 the SCA 3008A (new it's $100), which is the dedicated TTL extension cable to allow full TTL off camera operation with ANY dedicated foot. Kit #2 is the same flash in a little more used condition with a Leica and Canon foot, still very good condition and works perfectly, just shows more use.

For those unaware, the 54MZ-3 is a bounce swing swivel flash and motorized zoom head that can operate in manual (full to 1/128th power), Auto and of course full TTL modes. It will zoom with your lens and it knows the difference between MF and 35mm formats. Finally it has a second small fill wink head built into the front of the flash which is great for a little eye catchlight and face fill when bouncing the main head. Anybody that's used one knows how great they are. IIRC, guide number is 125 for ISO 100 @ 50mm. You can still buy feet for most cameras from B&H, they run about $75 new.

SOLD Kit #1: Includes the basic flash unit with Mamiya/Phase foot, a standard hot shoe foot, the SCA 3008A cable, original box and manuals, EXC condition. Asking $375 for everything shipped and PayPal'd. SOLD

Kit #2: Basic flash with Leica foot, original box and manuals, VG+ condition. Asking $295 shipped and PayPal'd.

Thanks,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
PM replied -- sounds like Kit #1 will be pending. Depending on Jeffrey's answer, I may keep Kit #2 for myself.