The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: M-Mount Canon 50mm F0.95 RF Dream Lens

GDI

This is a very nice Canon Dream lens that has been converted to Leica M-Mount. It is an original RF lens with the stock focusing tab, rather than the non-RF TV Lens. The lens has great if not perfect glass, the only thing I can see is there is a small bit of dust or possibly a tiny bubble in the front element; obviously this will not have any effect on images at all. It has very good paint and focus and aperture controls are smooth as they should be. However there is a small bit of scraped paint on one side of the lens, affecting the filter ring, aperture and focus rings; this is visible in the pictures. The filter ring is slightly deformed in this area, but the lens will take a filter, I have used one numerous times with an M8. Overall, one of the best condition Dream Lenses I have seen.

The lens focuses properly on my M3, M9, and my previous M8. The conversion is not the neatest around, but it serves the purpose. Included with the lens is a generic rear cap and a DIY front slip on cap that works great. There is a small amount of oil on the aperture blades which does not affect operation. I really like this lens, but there is some other gear I would like to buy and I already have a nice 1.2 50mm. Please see the example shots attached taken with an M3 and Kodak UC400 Film below.

Compare to the Leica version at $11,000! I am asking $2250 net to me - for GetDPI members. Shipping must be paid by the buyer and must be via a trackable, insured carrier. I do want to sell this fast, so I will entertain reasonable offers. Please ask any questions before you buy, I am not going to be in a position to provide a refund on this.

The example shots should show that this is a very well performing lens - all these shots are are at 0.95. Of course stopped down this lens is the match of about any lens out there.

NOTE - the M3 is NOT INCLUDED in this sale!

Thanks

GDI

ere are the film examples - Dream lens, 0.95,Leica M3 and Kodak UC 400 Film. I think all but one are wide open shots.

V

Vivek

Could this fit Nikon D800?
seriously...
The only Nikon system this can fit and focus to infinity is the Nikon 1. That would be a terrible waste of this fine optics.

Compatible (usable) systems cameras: Leica M8/M9/MM; Ricoh GR M module, Fuji X-Pro-1, Sony NEX', Olympus/Panasonic m4/3rds.

GDI

Thanks for clarifying the possible mounting of the lens. The m mount is pretty flexible but the D800 is not a possibility.

GDI

Price drop!

Compare to Noctilux 0.95 - $10,000

New price for quick sale - Canon 0.95 - $2000

Net to me