The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Computar 25mm f/0.85 (YES .85!) C mount lens.. awesome for M 4/3s Nikon One ETC!

S

sggelb

Computar High Speed Lens

25mm f/0.85

very clean condition hardly any signs of use

$750 plus shipping costs

symmetrical plasmat design ala planar/xenon/G claron etc

nice bokeh wide open, yet retains excellent sharpness

sharp stopped down

1 shot done at f/0,85 one at prob 2.8-4 both from the Nikon V1 (which is a SICK little camera btw)

madmaxmedia

Interesting! How is actual exposure at the open apertures? (wondering how many stops you are actually getting at f/.85 vs. say a regular f/1.4 lens). I think f/.85 is probably half a stop faster than f/1.

V

Vivek

A few comments if I may..(i have a sample of this lens)

symmetrical plasmat design ala planar/xenon/G claron etc
It is not a symmetrical design. Yes, it isn't unlike a Planar.

I do not think it is made by Computar. My sample has no name.

I believe the lens maker was a bit drunk or over enthusiastic when they put the numbers. It is not a f/0.85 lens. More like an f/1.1 (which is still very decent considering the tiny size).

f/0.85 would make it 1 stop faster than an f/1 lens which this lens can not offer.

This lens also does not cover the m4/3rds sensor fully.