The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 35mm f2.8 Summaron with Goggle

JP_M23456789

The Legendary Lens.
Leica 35mm f2.8 Summaron with goggle for $850 Net
The photos below is the actual item.

Hardly any marks on it. Could pass for a Mint. The glass is clean clear, no fog, no fungus. The aperture blades are free from oil.
Comes with front and back cap.

It's made for M3 where there is no 35mm frameline built-in and it reduce the field of view into 50mm line.
On other M camera with .72 viewfinder, it uses 50mm frame.
It works perfect for M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7, M8, M9.
It'll work on Sony Nex series and Olympus OM-D E-M5, and Fuji X-Pro 1 cameras with proper M adapter.

I've tested on Sony Nex 7 and it was amazing. It's so sharp that you could get cut. A razor sharp.
I used to have 35 Lux ASPH pre-fle and this is as sharp from f4 and on.
It focuses to 0.65m.

I've had 4th cron known as "King of Bokeh" twice . Once in a very long time ago only used on films, and just a month ago I had another 4th cron and tested on digital. It doesn't even come close to 35 Lux asph V1 and this Summaron blew it away from f2.8 all the way from centre and the corner sharpness. I never liked bokeh of 4th cron, so I sold it. Even though it was in mint condition.

This Summaron is somewhat sharper than the one I'm replacing with, 35mm Summicron 8 element 1st version which is also the Legendary. I just need that extra stop.
Hence this lens has to go. You will treasure it. It's very small and very light.

Ken Rockwell praised it on his site.
Leica Leitz 35mm f/2.8 Summaron

U.S. $ 850.00 (net) + Shipping + PP fee

Please add 3% PP fee if you pay with reg. PP
I'll charge actual shipping cost using Canada Post.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: