The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yashica 124 G + Zoom Lens - Mint Exterior

lamlux

Yashica Mat 124 G 6x6 120 Twin Lens Reflex Camera
A super amazing TLR camera dated from 1970's to 1986's.
The last Yashica TLR made.

Contains four-element 80mm f3.5 Yashinon taking lens.
Copal shutter operates from 1 second to 1/500 sec, plus B bulb mode.

This camera has barely been used.
The exterior is in immaculate condiiton, excellent, almost no signs of use at all.
Light meter has a battery and has tested fantastic against my handheld meter.
Shutter speeds are accurate, winding film advance mechanism works great.

There is a slight issue with the taking lens though.
The taking lens element has some haze to it, which may not affect images, but if you're the one who is able to get it fixed, this camera will be a real bargain for the condition. Please do view the photos to get the full depiction.
The viewing lens element has one or two specs of dust, does not affect usability at all.

Comes with:
- Yashica 124 G
- Original Box, manual, front cap, leather case
- Yashica Macro attachment, taking and viewing lenses for TLR.

This camera has many years of it ahead to go. The camera is mint, and just needs work on the bottom (taking lens) to clear up some haze and this camera will last you many many years.

Because of the taking lens, the price is:
$220 shipped in CONUS
International please PM me.

I'm a usual seller/buyer on RFF, FM, eBay (lamlux), and other forums.

All photos can be seen here:
Index of /yashica

lamlux

Ah! I actually looked up your DIY yesterday in attempting to see if I was able to repair it myself.

How cool. Thanks for chiming in!

PatrickCheung

damn... I've always wanted to own one of these. I wish I had $220 right about now. For all those who are weary about the haze... I used to have a Rolleicord who's taking lens was covered in haze. It flared, but not as badly as I thought it would, and with a hood it handled the flaring pretty well.

I hope you don't mind me posting a photo here, but these were taken with my haze covered rollei

lamlux

I don't mind the photo's at all, thank you for sharing!! they are gorgeous, and just goes to show, minor things like haze doesn't ruin the photo. Thank you

I always wanted a Yashica 124 G as well, but the fiancee's Yashicaflex gets not enough use as it is, and I need to fund repairs to that camera.. (the film counter doesn't return back to 0 after a roll is complete)

jlm

Workshop Member
here to support your sale; my first MF camera was the yashica 124G; here is a self portrait, taken with it in 1969-70, tri-x. loved that camera

PatrickCheung

Sweet Triumph. :)

ARGH. The more I look at this thread, the more I want to buy it. The girlfriend is making me want a TLR again... :(

Double Negative

Not Available
A fine camera indeed, and in better overall condition than mine. I had to clean my mirror and focusing screen, which wasn't hard but man were they dusty/dirty. If you're lucky, you can just open it up and clean the back of the rear element(s) and be done with it.

lamlux

Nice sharp photo! medium format is different beast, someone must be wanting one!
Lowering price to $200 shipped in CONUS.

lamlux

Broke it last night, :( coming off the market and probably won't return since the cost of repair will make it unsellable.