The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M2, 1938 Zeiss Sonnar 5cm f1.5 / J-3 LTM, Ricoh GR10, 2 Yashica GSN's

lamlux

I'm shifting my gear around due to lack of interest shooting 35mm format of current now.. I seem to be grabbing the 500CM more often.

All prices include shipping within' CONUS
For International please PM me.

There are a couple items without photos and prices, i'll take those tonight, and put them here too, just seeing interest.

----------------------------------------

Leica M2 Rangefinder Body **SOLD**
Serial #: 1108194
NPC USN service Camera, Navy Personal Command United States Navy
CLA'd by Youxin Ye last year.

Traded this with a fellow RFF'er, for my Konica Hexar RF.

I'm selling my well used, but not abused, Leica M2.
It has a bit of history in it, it's been inscribed by normal NPC USN standards, the markings on the back of the top plate.
This camera has served me well, it's the smoothest Leica i've used yet.
It's a great user body, incase you don't want to take your pretty M out, this will do you well.

All functions work on the camera, Timer, all shutter speeds sound great.
The rangefinder patch is fantastic, and has distance marks.
Viewfinder is great looking too, the M2 has very simple lines, makes it very zen to use.

There are a few blemishes to note:
-There is a ding on the top plate, specifically near the winder, this does not hinder operation of the camera at all, and it's merely cosmetic. User camera!
-Some light scratches/rub marks on top plate/bottom plate, normal wear for a camera over 40 years old.
-Red/blue ASA/ISO sticker is gone.

$SOLD shipped in CONUS.

--------------------

1938 Uncoated Carl Zeiss Sonnar 5cm f1.5 retrofitted into a Jupiter-3 focus housing, done by Brian Sweeney I love this lens, and i'll probably keep it, to reside on my CL but at the right price it will go.
This has the pre-war Zeiss Uncoated glass, coupled with a rebuilt Jupiter-3 focusing module. It's immaculate. There are Zeiss bubbles inside the glass, no scratches, haze, no oil on blades.
This was the Sonnar Brian personally used for a few years while doing others.
He notes this is the smoothest focusing example.

It is SHARP, it's optimized for f1.5, on an M9 it's perfect. As good as the ZM C-Sonnar 50mm f1.5 of current.

Will come with shown 40.5mm hood, and Fotodiox 50mm LTM to M adapter.

Again, I am just testing waters to see if theres a desire out there.

Hell I may hold onto this lens til I myself can get an M9 long in the future (maybe).

$750 shipped in CONUS.

-------------------------

Ricoh GR10

This is a fantastic little point and shoot camera with the Ricoh GR1 28mm f2.8 lens.

The GR10 is a GR variant, without all the control of the GR1.
There is no manual aperture, no EV dial, no shutter speed selector. It does what it wants. For most of us who just take photos, this is perfect.

What's also even better about this camera is it takes a CR123 battery ( supplied ) which is larger, holding more capacity for more shots.
The TOP LCD works completely, it's actually more robust on this model than the GR1's.
The construction of the camera is not cheap by any mean, it's aluminum construction (outer and inner) make it extremely durable.

There is minor wear to the outside, i'd still consider it in EXCELLENT condition, with viewing a mark or two in the images.

Foam seal inside the camera to the canister is a little sticky.

The camera works fantastic, takes great photos for candids or street photography. Focus is fast and accurate. This is a FANTASTIC shooters camera. Never seen a sharper lens in a small combo, and pocketable (unlike GRD's).

Comes with original leather case.

$170 in CONUS

--------------------------------

2 x Yashica 35mm GSN Rangefinder's

I have two Yashica GSN rangefinders that I need to photograph.

One is in really good condition, the other, has a bent filter ring and in fair condition.

Throw me an offer, or wait til I edit tonight with photos.

-------------------------------

Photos for Sonnar, and GSN's will be uploaded tonight..

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Even if you don't buy anything :p

Last edited:

Brian S

These are the test shots that I did on my M9.

Wide-Open at F1.5 on my M9:

100% crop of above, focus is where the fence slat joins the post.

Distance test at F1.5.

I set the helical deeper into the mount, you can see where the aperture index of the J-3 has been moved. This allows for infinity with the slightly longer Zeiss lens on a Leica.

and the required "Bokeh" shot, also F1.5.

and at F4.

And I have shot with the C-Sonnar and the 1930s lenses, download the pictures and not be able to tell which was which. Zeiss and Cosina did a good job of recreating this lens.

(All shots with this sonnar, note the slight "past infinity mark"- my trick to get the 52.3mm Zeiss lens to focus to infinity on a Leica, and be optimized at F1.5 for close-up work)

Last edited: