The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Three Leica Mount 50mm Lenses

Brian S

For Sale: Three Leica Mount 50mm lenses.
Leica Summarit 5cm F1.5 (Lens offered by Itself),
Collapsible Summicron 5cm f2 (Lower Price),
Canon 50/1.9 Serenar (SOLD PENDING PAYMENT)

Leica 5cm F1.5 Summarit-M lens, series VI filter adapter, series VI filters, Series VI hood. This lens was professionally Cleaned, Lubed, and Adjusted (CLA) by Essex camera about 8 years ago. The lens has some marks on the front element, nothing that will have any real effect on the image. I have used this lens on my M3, M8, and M9. The filter ring was damaged when I got it, and Essex straightened it out. It will take the “hard to find” 41mm filters without problem. I use the included (and RARE) Tiffen #611 Series VI adapter, made it much more convenient to find filters and hood. I have used this lens with good results.

$465 shipped within the US via insured Priority mail with signature confirmation; $490 via insured Priority mail world-wide with signature confirmation. Paypal is fine, as is personal check or money order. $15 discount for check/MO, or “Paypal Gift”. I reserve the right to hold shipment until after a check clears. 14 day return policy, shipping is NOT refundable. Internationally, item must be declared for the insured amount.

Camera is NOT Included.

Wide-Open on the M9:

At F4 on the M9:

At F4 on my M3:

Wide-Open on my M3:

For sale is an early Leica Collapsible Summicron 5cm F2 in Leica in Thread Mount. This is a “Hot-Glass” lens that uses thoriated glass. This lens was “sun bleached” to reduce the amount of yellowing in the glass. It was then cleaned and relubed after this process. The optics are very clean for a Summicron of this vintage, see close-ups of the front element. My other Summicron was like wax paper before going to Focalpoint. Cosmetically it is in EX+ condition.

This lens would be perfect for black and white film, or for the new M9 monochrome. On a color camera, it will produce a slight yellow cast which can be corrected using color-balance. Thoriated glass was used for its low-dispersion properties: the Infrared Focus index for this lens is within the F2 DOF marks. Not an “APO-Summicron”, but it does not get much better than that.

Price: $560 shipped within the United States, $585 anywhere else via International Priority Mail. Paypal, Personal Check, Money Order. I reserve the right to hold shipment until check/MO clears. Return policy: returns must be made within 10 days, refund for the price of the item will be given after receipt. Postage cost is not refundable. Front cap and plastic rear cap included. If you need an IR cut filter for use on an M8, I will include one for an extra $30.

(SOLD PENDING PAYMENT)
For sale is a Canon 50mm F1.9 in Leica Thread Mount, EX condition. This lens was made ~1949. Glass is near perfect, blades look good. I cleaned the glass surfaces, tightened the collapsing mechanism, and lubed the helical. Focus is smooth, aperture is smooth.

This lens is a “Planar” design, 6 elements in 4 groups. Better performance than a Leica Summar, and THIS one is closer in performance to a Summitar- I have had two of those.

Price: $160 shipped within the United States, $175 anywhere else via First Class International. $185 via International Priority Mail. Paypal, Personal Check, Money Order. ($5 discount for check/money order.) I reserve the right to hold shipment until check/MO clears. Return policy: returns must be made within 10 days, refund for the price of the item will be given after receipt. Postage cost is not refundable.

Best way to contact: Use the regular PM system, on the upper right side of the page.

At F1.9 on the M8:

100% crop:

at F4:

(CANON IS SOLD PENDING PAYMENT)

Last edited:

Brian S

Leica 5cm F1.5 Summarit-M lens, series VI filter adapter, series VI filters, Series VI hood. $440 shipped within the US via insured Priority mail with signature confirmation; $465 via insured Priority mail world-wide with signature confirmation. Paypal is fine, as is personal check or money order. I reserve the right to hold shipment until after a check clears. 14 day return policy, shipping is NOT refundable. Internationally, item must be declared for the insured amount.

Leica Collapsible Summicron 5cm F2 in Leica in Thread Mount. Price: $530 shipped within the United States, $555 anywhere else via International Priority Mail. Paypal, Personal Check, Money Order. I reserve the right to hold shipment until check/MO clears. Return policy: returns must be made within 10 days, refund for the price of the item will be given after receipt. Postage cost is not refundable. Front cap and plastic rear cap included. If you need an IR cut filter for use on an M8, I will include one for an extra $30.

$15 discount for check/MO on each lens.

Price Reduction and last call.

Brian S

I had a request for some color pictures taken with the Collapsible Summicron.

These are on the Leica M8, straight exports from DNG to JPEG, no changes to the color rendition.

PERSONALLY: I think the UV treatment that I have this lens worked, and it is ready to go for Color. I have a later Collapsible Summicron, it gives a "colder" cast to the color. This one is more like having a Skylight Filter.

Pictures are with the IR Cut filter.

At F2:

at F4:

That's a Gnat in the picture to the left of the flower. Pixel-Peeped it.

F2:

100% crop:

F4:

F2:

Brian S

Summicron no longer available. I'm keeping this one and will be putting a late collapsible Summicron up.

Radioactive Leica 50mm f/2.0 Collapsible First Summicron M Thorium Lens | eBay

The Thorium lens is a collectible item, the later Summicron is usually a better user- but once bleached, hard to tell the difference. The radioactivity makes some people nervous. And seems to drive prices to insane levels on Ebay. At one point, I had three of the Thorium lenses.

Brian S

Summarit-M withdrawn. I took it apart and modified the optics in it. I need to thoroughly test, modified it for optimal performance close-up and wide-open by changing spacing between the elements.

Bet no one else withdrew a lens because they modified the optics in it....