The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Markins Hand Strap, black leather, NEW

tom in mpls

I have used the Markins Hand Strap on several DSLR's in the past. I love it; easy to hold the camera for extended periods with the camera hanging from the right hand. It allows the fingers on the hand to remain relaxed while the camera remains firmly controlled and ready for quick shooting. I much prefer it to a neck strap. I now have a Fuji X-Pro1 and bought one to use on it. However, the fit isn't right for me on that camera. :(

It arrived today; I put it on the camera, tried it for awhile, and removed it. Perfect, as new condition.

It costs $65 with shipping charges when ordered from Markins.

I will sell for $50, shipped in a Markins box, Paypal and USPS Priority mail included.

Irenaeus

Tom ~ any idea how this would work on either a Ricoh GXR, an Olympus EP2 or a Sony NEX C3? I think my hands are about the same size as yours, since I didn't need to adjust the hand strap you had on the a900 I got from you.

It's been fun to follow your adventure with the new Fuji ~ I'm interested for myself, too, but would have to sell the big Sony to swing it, and I'm not yet willing to do that (even though its too heavy to use without a tripod!)

All the best,

Tom Turnbull
aka Irenaeus

Irenaeus

Tom,

I wrote a while ago but seem to have posted it into outer space. I'm wondering if this hand strap might fit either a Nex C3, an Olympus EP2 or a Ricoh GXR. My hands are the same size as yours, but you may not have had experience with any of these cameras. Still, it's worth the question.

I've enjoyed following your New Fuji Thread. I'm interested in that for myself, too, but would have to sell the a900 to raise the cash and am not yet ready to give up on it's wonderful files, heavy though the camera may be (too heavy for me for much but tripod work, if truth be told.)

Hope you're well,

Tom in Blgs
aka Irenaeus

Last edited:

tom in mpls

Tom,

I wrote a while ago but seem to have posted it into outer space. I'm wondering if this hand strap might fit either a Nex C3, an Olympus EP2 or a Ricoh GXR. My hands are the same size as yours, but you may not have had experience with any of these cameras. Still, it's worth the question.

I've enjoyed following your New Fuji Thread. I'm interested in that for myself, too, but would have to sell the a900 to raise the cash and am not yet ready to give up on it's wonderful files, heavy though the camera may be (too heavy for me for much but tripod work, if truth be told.)

Hope you're well,

Tom in Blgs
aka Irenaeus
Hey there, Tom! I love the Fuji, but due to it's limitations I think it would be hard to give up the A900, a fabulous camera. I have only my X-Pro1 now; I love it but do have to learn to live with it's limitations. An XP1 plus a versatile, fast focusing DSLR would be a great combo so one would be able to do anything.

Anyway, I think this hand strap works best when the camera has a built-in fat grip, like all the DSLR's have. The NEX cameras have that as well; I think the hand strap could work on it. I don't know enough about the other cameras you mention. You see, one's fingers naturally curl a bit even when the hand is relaxed. Thus when the camera is hanging at your side, the grip is still sitting within one's curled fingers. For me, it was as if I was gripping the camera still, yet my hand was completely relaxed. Thus there is no fatigue in one's hand from holding the camera continuously. Sorry that I can't give you better guidance on the cameras in question. It would be absolutely fabulous attached to your A900.

And thank you, yes, I am well. And my daughter had her high school graduation last night; I got some good shots from the XP1, but missed others due to the difficulty for this camera in tracking a moving object like a brand new happy graduate walking past me down the aisle as they leave the ceremony. This could also be user error, I'm still learning the camera. But I still like this one:
View attachment 59770

Last edited:

Irenaeus

That's very helpful, Tom, and I think it'll work with the Ricoh GXR. If you'll tell me where to send the money, I'll contact PayPal quickly.

And congratulations to your daughter and all your family!

Tom