The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Horseman SW612, 65mm/4.5 Grandagon

peterlat

For sale is a Horseman SW612 camera with 65mm/4.5 Grandagon lens, 2 6X12 backs, a ground glass back, Rodenstock center filter, and a spare finder mask. The camera shows some cosmetic wear but is in great shape optically and mechanically. Lens is perfectly clean and extraordinarily sharp, and the focus ring is accurate. The center filter makes for a huge improvement in coverage. I tested the lens both ways; without the filter the corners and edges are at least a stop underexposed.

I bought this only a month ago on Rangefinder Forum. It's a wonderful camera, but the 6X12 format's just not for me. I'd use it with a 6X9 back (the finder also shows frame lines for 6X9), but I've already got a Fuji GSW690. Price is $2500 plus shipping--PPal fees negotiable. With the extra back, center filter and ground glass, this kit retails new for close to $7000. I've bought and sold many times on RFF, Large Format Forum, APUG and Photo.net. I have a perfect feedback record on the big auction site (username peterlat).