The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss 28mm ZF.2 $850

bubuli

As I make one more step towards going all Leica M Digital, I am now selling--without a doubt--my most favorite lens I've ever owned: the Zeiss 28mm f2 ZF.2 Distagon. This lens was probably on my D700 probably 70% of the time.

You won't find a lot of reviews out there because it's one of the most underrated lens...often overshadowed by its equally good sibling the 35/2 Distagon. If you have the latest and greatest D800, as one user review right here has attested, this would not disappoint.

I am not the original owner of the lens; I bought this from a fellow photographer from a different a while ago.

As shown in one of the photos, that small nick is all that's on the lens barrel...there is a little bit of brassing on the mount (which of course, will not be seen once mounted on the camera) but the rest is pretty clean. no other scratches whatsoever.

The hood was never once taken out of its box as the lens is surprisingly flare-resistant.

Wide-open is very sharp and contrasty...very, very little veiling...which contributes to the signature Zeiss 3D look.

Original Size

I have the original boxes and caps.

The rest of the photos are in this flickr set.

Price includes UPS/USPS shipping to lower 48 and Paypal fees. $850

Last edited: