The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Testing the waters: Leica MP Classic for $2575?

bradhusick

I am testing the waters here to see if anyone would be interested in buying a never-used black paint Leica MP Classic (no meter or electronics) for a measly $2575 plus shipping/paypal. It's new, never seen a roll of film.

Let me know if you're interested.

-Brad

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Testing the waters: Leica MP Classic for $2575?

My absolute favorite M of all time... :thumbs:

jonoslack

Lovely Brad
and what a lovely photo as well.
I'm not sure that I've ever even held an MP. It's certainly a thing of beauty.

bradhusick

Jono, thanks for that. It's not my photo, but the camera is dreamy. If you never shot with an MP you're missing out on a primal, visceral type of photography. The MP feels like it was hewn from a solid piece of brass and dipped in black licorice, then baked to a hard finish. As the brass warms in your hands...

Oooh. Sorry, got carried away there!

mwalker

Subscriber Member

Please put this back in your closet and bring it back out after the first of the year when I have some extra money...thank you:thumbs:

Erik Five

I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I had the cash for it. Would go well with my Black Paint .58 M7 ;)

Hacker

Test it at $2000, I will get it :). Erik, how is the banking industry right now back home?

Erik Five

Test it at $2000, I will get it :). Erik, how is the banking industry right now back home?
They will survive. Its worse for Island ;) My mortgage just went down. I guess it wont help my bank, but I dont complain ;) The dollar has went up against the Norwegian Kroner so I its more lucrative for me to sell to the US again.

robsteve

Subscriber
Brad:

Was it a MP from the M3 vintage or a newer version? I thought a MP was worth a lot more than you were asking.

Robert

bradhusick

Rob, the MP Classic was made in 2003 in a quantity of 500 for a Chinese dealer. It has no battery, meter or electronics. The old MPs are worth $30,000 and up if you can find one.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
FYI,An original MP just sold on RFF (asking $10,000). The wife of the seller found it on the street in some trash. Sherry Krauter CLA'd it and confirmed that it was an original MP. I bought the summarit 50 f/1.5 lens that was on it. :ROTFL: I wish I could have bought the MP, too.

Somebody got a wonderful MP from you, Brad....never used for that price. Congratulations on your sale.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
BTW Brad wanted you to know the reason we do not delete the for sale ads is because it does become a nice reference for buyers and sellers. Also folks I am the one that marks these ads SOLD after you the seller says it is sold. The other mods are starting to help me on this. Okay i am a neat freak sometimes but it helps the members

bradhusick

Cindy, do you recall if the MP was black paint or not? Did they list the serial number? Thanks for your kind words.
-Brad

Erik Five

Cindy, do you recall if the MP was black paint or not? Did they list the serial number? Thanks for your kind words.
-Brad
It was chrome. Dont remember the serial. Maybe 241, but thats just a guess from memory. Crappy add and crappy pics. The seller tried to sell it on ebay as well, but the add was awfull. Sherry did take it apart and gave him a piece of paper saying it was the real deal.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I had saved the story, but not the pics:
"This is the story about this Leica MP camera.My wife is from China and has been in the US for about 3 years. She always ask me why everyone in the US throws-away their old things by putting them on the street for the garbage men to pick up. And being from China they never throw anything away (nothing). One day she was driving by a ladys house and notice she was putting piles of stuff out for the garbage truck. After talking to her, she found out her ex husband for 20 years, had pass away and she flew into the country to sell the house and she had to get ride of all his stuff.She told my wife take what you want. My wife picked threw the stuff and brought about 4 big boxes home.I had been asking her not to bring other peoples junk home.We had just clean out the house with all the other junk she had brought home.(Yard Sale). I notice some cameras in one of the boxes and looked threw the view finder of one, and I could not see anything because the mirror was cracked.The next camera I looked threw the view finder and could see but the auto focus did not work.( Rangefinder ) and it had a funny name Leica MP 253.I had never seen a camera like this, so I did some research on the internet.This brought me to L Camera Forum in Europe.They help me, by telling about the Leica camera and what I might have.They said it could be fake.So they told me about Sherry Krauter.I sent it to her to be CLA and to see if it was not a fake.This was in July.I got the camera back in Sept and found out it was real and not a fake.The lady had already sold the house and flew back to her country.We do not know where.I tryed e-bay, but remember what some one said, that this was a rare camera just to sell on e-bay.So I decided to sell it on RFF both of them.To someone that would appreciate it.Thats why the low price.Sherry has one for sale for 28k on her site.So here it is. Kevin"

bradhusick

SECOND OPPORTUNITY!
I have a friend who'd like that 50 cron black paint lens that comes with the kit, so if you're interested in buying the MP Classic body, I have a source for one more kit and would be willing to sell the body for $2500. Don't miss this second opportunity to own a rare MP Classic.
-Brad